D&D 5E UA Mystic3 I intend to use Avatar Immortal and Awakened subclasses for Darksun

Coroc

Hero
I intend to use Avatar Immortal and Awakened subclasses of UA Mystic3 for Darksun 5e
Means all the rules detailed in UAMystic3 their abilities and the talents and disciplines, but disciplines only for those 3 classes, so no soulknife nomad or wu-jen disciplines.
Now my question: Do you think that truthfully would represent a Psion class for DS, like it did with 2e?
If you think something would be missing please write so.

Olrox17

Hero
I'm a fan of the Mystic on paper, but never had the opportunity to playtest it. If any of your players end up playing as one, make sure to tell them that, as the game goes and the class features get tested, you might alter or remove some of them, or perhaps add something entirely new.

Make sure they're aware that the mystic class is a work in progress, get buy in on that.

Vael

Legend
I'm currently playing an Awakened Mystic in an Eberron campaign, but note that I've never played 2e Psionics, and we only just got to 3rd level.

My main concern is that you'll need to allow the Wu Jen path Mastery of Force if you want any telekinetic capabilities. Actually a lot of the Wu Jen disciplines grant some of the elemental powers as well, pyrokinesis (Mastery of Fire) and such.

I think you'll find a few holes in the mystic's arsenal by removing half their disciplines, you might have to make new ones.

Remove ads