D&D 5E UA Revised Ranger - nicer formatting?

Kabouter Games

Explorer
I wonder where they got permission to pinch all that art from Wizards. There's a lot from M:TG cards, from the look of it.

I mean, it looks awesome, and is incredibly handy, but it really does steal a lot of IP.

Regards,

Bob

www.r-p-davis.com

Koren n'Rhys

Explorer
There's not a lick of permission involved, I'm sure, though he at least acknowledges his art sources in the back. Many folks don't even do that.

IMO, this is no different than any other homebrew project circulating on the internet. Reddit is full of stuff that uses "borrowed" art, and this is no different. I mean, the Homebrewery site was specifically created for formatting your homebrew projects to duplicate the 5E trade dress.

CapnZapp

Legend
Is there a direct "link" for those of us only looking for the revised ranger (and not the 100+ pages on other UA)? :)

Thanks
CapnZapp

Koren n'Rhys

Explorer
Fair. I saw the attribution. If it's all in fun, he might get away with it. But it's a gray area in terms of IP.
No doubt. Now that I know about it, I'm following on reddit and download a copy when it's updated. In case it disappears.

Is there a direct "link" for those of us only looking for the revised ranger (and not the 100+ pages on other UA)? :)
It's all in one big Codex, I'm afraid - poking through is threads, he only did a few of the UAs as standalone documents (the early Modern rules, frex). Download the full book and just extract or print the pages you want?

Remove ads