• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ubergeek - photo

hagor

First Post
The first thing I thought of:

Where is Waldo/Wally?

and the "can you name all x in the picture" photos you sometimes see (with x in this case being geeky references)

Hagor

Mercurius

Legend
Something isn't quite right about the wedding ring and the Farrah Fawcett poster.

Also, what's the deal with the floating Captain America shield?

I'm impressed with the fact that you have fully four different articles or gestures of geekery on your body: the Captain America shirt, the sword, the Boba Fett helmet, and the Spock "live long and prosper" gesture - that's three different genres: super heroes, scifi (both Star Wars and Star Trek), and fantasy/medieval.

Btw, is that a poster on the right of all the 1ED module covers?

A caption? Here are a few:

"Where's my pocket protector?"

"Wish me luck at GenCon!"

"This is the ring for my virtual wife."

"The real 40-year old virgin."

"I'm 40 and live in my mom's attic."

"My mom made me an Avengers cake for my 40th birthday."

renau1g

First Post
"Hey Ladies, wanna see my +6 Vorpal Sword?"

"Those aren't dolls, they're Action Figures"

Hey, I gotta call you out on something. What self-respecting geek takes his star wars figures out of their original packaging? ;)

Bullgrit

Adventurer
LOL! Thanks, everyone.

When I checked this thread last night before going to bed, I thought, “Really? No one found this photo worth commenting on?”

Now, though, I see folks are appreciating it :)

Some notes:

This picture shows about one-third of my office/game room, (and about one-tenth of my geeky possessions). The room is not normally as crowded as it looks, here, as I had to move around a few items to get them in the field of view. And some items I wanted in the shot, I just couldn’t manage. (Like the framed Darlene map of the World of Greyhawk – it’s hanging on the wall to the left of the photographer.)

Farrah Fawcett: That is an original 1976 poster I have kept for over 30 years. It spent the vast majority of those 30 years rolled up in a tube, waiting for me to have a good place to hang it.

Space Hulk: That is a first edition Space Hulk game. My 9-year-old son has stomped me several times playing it – he always plays the genestealers.

Wedding ring: I actually considered Photoshopping *out* the wedding ring LOL! It kind of looks like I’m drawing attention to it with that hand forming the Vulcan sign.

Captain America shield: It is a real shield, (though made of wood); it’s hanging on the closet door knob by an arm strap.

Poster on the right wall: That’s the AD&D [1st edition] modules [color covers] published up through 1985. I organized the images myself and had a local office printing store print it.

iPhone: When I took one of the first tries at this shot, I had left my [new] iPhone partially in the shot. Seeing the mistake, I figured it might be funny to place it fully in the pic – to include some more recent geekiness, and as a little proof that this pic isn’t something from 1987 :)

Rubik’s Cube: I solved it with help many years ago, and I keep it in its solved state.

I really love my office/game room, and I had fun setting up this picture. Thanks for playing along with the captions.

Bullgrit

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Something isn't quite right about the wedding ring and the Farrah Fawcett poster.
That's not a mere wedding ring, it's the One Ring!
The real question of the day: Did he really solve that Rubik's Cube or did he just peel the stickers off and put them back on "solved?" ;)
FWIW, I never solved mine, nor did I peel it: I actually dismantled mine and out it back together.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads