Unconverted Animals

xidoraven

Explorer
Also, Prehistoric Animals
Sea Turtle, Giant = Archelon, from Stormwrack

Who can I speak with about potentially putting together a pdf/publication utilizing some ENWorld-hosted and -created content? I would like to put together a campaign setting compilation using prehistoric animals and some related content, much of which is being formulated right here on these forums - and I want to be totally aware of the legal implications and try to establish some sort of working relationship with those in charge... Please? :angel:
-will

Shade

Monster Junkie
xidoraven,

The Creature Catalogue is Scott Greene's site. Although he no longer actively participates in the daily CC conversions, I believe he still checks the site's e-mail (creaturecatalog@gmail.com).

As far as I know, all our conversion work is up for grabs, but the flavor text is probably off-limits due to paraphrasing WotC's original material.

xidoraven

Explorer
So if I send an email to that address, I am sending it directly to the creator of the site, Scott Greene? Or is this an email that might refer me to him?

Any recommendations on how best to address this email and/or what is going to incite the best consideration of my ideas to publish content created here? Anything I should explicitly avoid?
-will

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
List of unconverted animals updated. Xidoraven, I didn't remove the Giant Sea Turtle from the list yet because I'm not sure that it is quite the same creature as the Archelon. That's mostly because both creatures have (separate) entries in the original Monster Manual.

On the other hand, I haven't been paying terribly much attention to the conversion threads over the last two months, so I might have missed a consensus that they are equivalent critters...

Shade

Monster Junkie
A few more we've converted since my last post...

Real-world animals
Octopus, Deep-Dwelling [Dragon #190]

Variations on real-world animals
Octopus, Octo-Hide [Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume Four]
Octopus, Octo-Jelly [Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume Four]

xidoraven

Explorer
Xidoraven, I didn't remove the Giant Sea Turtle from the list yet because I'm not sure that it is quite the same creature as the Archelon. That's mostly because both creatures have (separate) entries in the original Monster Manual.
Really? That is surprising - they really are the same thing; I know of no other creature that fits the bill of a giant sea turtle as Archelon - however, I cannot argue with a previous publication including them both as separate critters. :D
-will

thastygliax

First Post
Dog, Wild [Monstrous Manual]
Horse, Riding [Monstrous Manual]
Horse, Wild [Monstrous Manual]
Badger, Giant [Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume Two]
Hyena, Striped [Dragon #102]
Rat, Giant [Monstrous Compendium Volume One]
Aren't these already in the Monster Manual?
Dog: "They can also be used for small wild canines such as coyotes, jackals, and African wild dogs."
Horse, Light: "The statistics presented here describe smaller breeds of working horses such as quarter horses and Arabians as well as wild horses."
Hyena: "The statistics here are for the striped hyena..."

And the giant badger and giant rat are dire animals now.

Remove ads