Unconverted Mystara creatures

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Would it be sensible to eliminate all the giant animals from the unconverted creature lists if they have dire equivalents?

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
that's iffy. giant animal does not necessarily equal dire animal. in fact, i would argue that they are two different things altogether.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Right. In that case Giant Badgers, Giant Bats, Giant Boars, Giant Rats, Giant Hornets, Giant Otters, Giant Black Squirrels, Giant Sea Horses, Giant Skunks, Giant Sea Snakes, Giant Marine Spiders, Giant Weasels, Giant Whales and Giant Wolverines shall all remain on the unconverted list. Unless I've missed 3.X versions of those somewhere.

And while I'm checking, have Buffaloes, Antelopes, Carnivorous Apes, Mountain Lions, Wild Dogs, War Dogs, Wild Horses, Lamphrey (Normal, Giant or Land), Beavers, Ermines, Gophers, Hedgehogs, Minks, Mice, Moles, Muskrats, Opposums, Wild Pigs, Raccoons, Woodchucks, Piranha, Porcupines (Black or Brown), Pungi Rays, Sting Rays or Land Urchins appeared in 3.X format yet?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Hedgehogs, mice, and raccoons have stat blocks as familiars in Dragon 280 (and I believe reprinted in Tome & Blood).

Mortis

First Post
The following have been added to the Vaults of Pandius

Arashaeem
Caniquine
Cinnavixen
Dragon, Crimson
Dragon, Jade*
Dragon, Onyx*
Dragon, Red Hawk
Dragon, Ruby*
Feliquine
Fiend, Narvaezan
Glutton, Sea
Pudding, Vermilion
Shimmerfish
Zombie, Red

*together with the Mystaran Amber, Crystal and Sapphire gemstone dragons which are different to the psionic using gem dragons in MMII.

The Ee'aar is available in Knightfall's World of Kulan Monster Compilation I.

Regards
Mortis

Gothenem

Explorer
Echohawk said:
Right. In that case Giant Badgers, Giant Bats, Giant Boars, Giant Rats, Giant Hornets, Giant Otters, Giant Black Squirrels, Giant Sea Horses, Giant Skunks, Giant Sea Snakes, Giant Marine Spiders, Giant Weasels, Giant Whales and Giant Wolverines shall all remain on the unconverted list. Unless I've missed 3.X versions of those somewhere.

And while I'm checking, have Buffaloes, Antelopes, Carnivorous Apes, Mountain Lions, Wild Dogs, War Dogs, Wild Horses, Lamphrey (Normal, Giant or Land), Beavers, Ermines, Gophers, Hedgehogs, Minks, Mice, Moles, Muskrats, Opposums, Wild Pigs, Raccoons, Woodchucks, Piranha, Porcupines (Black or Brown), Pungi Rays, Sting Rays or Land Urchins appeared in 3.X format yet?

Well, Mountain Lions are mentioned in the Leopard entry of the MM, Ermines and Minks are mentioned in the Weasel entry of the MM, Sting rays's are in Stormwrack. Buffaloes would be bisons. In fact Bison is another name for a buffalo. Pig appeared in Eric L. Boyd's Realms Bestiary 2. There is a piranha swarm in Stormwrack.

I'm not sure if there is a difference between a War Dog and a Riding Dog...

Remove ads