Under A Darksun: PART I SEGMENTS 1-124

Suldulin said:
aye she's evil which is good(heh) but the one(?) time she exposed herself she just had it thrown back at her,

What goes around comes around

which only pushed her further down the path of evil

She made her own bed, now she gets to lie in it (pun ment)

of course most templar are doomed to becoming evil if they aren't from the start anyway

True generally

think there's what? one exception in the brazen gambit/rise and fall of a dragon king :D

access to Athas has to my knowledge always been a bit mixed up, personally I always felt it should probally be a demiplane with the nearby elemental planes likewise hedged off from the bigger planes(which could explain why the nearby elemental lords are so interested in athas, they want to go home) with getting into or out of athas almost on par with that of ravenloft :D

Just remembered something else about Tanar'ri being involved in Darksun. For a Sorcerer-king to rise in level involves pacts with Pit fiends and other outworlders.

Roman

First Post
Further interesting updates :)

Thanks for clarifying that megamania - as I said I am not an expert on DarkSun, even though I like it very much. BTW: for some reason my post seems to have posted twice, but 12 hours apart?!?! Very strange.

Aye, and I had to answer this twice, about 8-10 hours difference. I thought it took the other night. No biggie.

As for being an expert- who can say they are an expert in something like DnD? I know a lot about the world and own all of it's published books and novels but is it still Darksun with the changes I have done?

UNDER A DARKSUN
SEGMENT 059
“The mysterious Pouch”

I’m back on the rooftop. So much for going out to help others.

Mania sat over an awning on the Greene compound roof. A cooler breeze was blowing from the north. It was quite comfortable here today. Here was cleaning his prized club and taking in the day’s adventures. Out of habit he came here and sat in the shade.

He finished cleaning the foul blood-like ichor which din’s corrode his club but seemed to age the rags he was using. He couldn’t help but to wonder about the creatures. Where were they from? Why did they hate us so? Then he remembered the pouch.

When saving the old man from the thugs and girl the man had dropped his money pouch. Mania picked it up before moving on. While he dealt with the last of the creatures the old man disappeared. Mania still had the pouch.

It was an ordinary pull string pouch. Seemed weightless and empty. The poor man had no money. He properly gave it to the templar and was found not rich enough to avoid the forthcoming beating. Youth these days he said in his mind knowing he was a youth himself. Deciding to use the bag (his was old and worn and threatening to lose its contents) He emptied his three ceramic bits and two Silvers from his pouch. He opened the other pouch and dropped the money in. He didn’t feel its weight.

Suspecting a hole he looked over it. No hole. Strange. He then looked for his coins. No coins on the ground or his lap. He felt around a bit then got up agitated to find his money. Nothing. He looked at the pouch again. There was no hole he could find. He looked into the pouch next looking for the hole. A black void was visible. “What the heck are my coins?” Then he could suddenly see his coins in the pouch.

“Ooooh…”

It was evening now. Several hours went by as he played and experimented with this pouch. After retrieving his own coins, he thought about more coins and suddenly he had more coins. He thought about food and found a small wax sealed chunk of cheese. After a few hours of trying to think of anything he could he had quite a pile before him.
His 3 ceramic bits and 2 silvers joined another 15 bits, 10 ceramics, 10 Silver and a gold. He had a ball of wax sealed cheese and a small water bag. There were two small beads of white. They had a glow to them he could not describe or place. Two keys and a scroll. The scroll wasn’t magic (or so he thought). The squiggles on it looked like the type Greene used on his ledgers. Common it was called. Mania was becoming certain he was going to need to learn how to read someday. And more about magic.

This pouch was obviously magical. What kind, preserver or defiler, he didn’t know. Then he saw the injuries on his leg. With a long sigh he wished they were gone. He went to replace the goods into the pouch but saw a green and white swirled ball in the pouch.

“Hello? What could you be little guy?”

He reached in and held it up in the light to inspect. “Looks like a plaything for children.” He put it down then replaced everything into the pouch, including his own money. Forgetting about the ball of clay he rolled over to stand up. His cut up legs touched the ball. He stood up and looked on the ground to find the flattened ball. Nothing. Then he felt it.

The ball was flattening out and spreading up his leg!

He reached down to stop it but couldn’t get his fingers on it to tear it off. Now panicking Mania was clawing at it. It covered both legs and his mid-drift…and still spreading!

“Argh! Noooooo….” The material spread up and over his chin and arms.

“Heck of a way to go…!” Then it covered him entirely.

UNDER A DARKSUN
SEGMENT 060
“The Union”

Despite the calming enchanted aromas and perfumes she inhaled; Keela could not calm down. This was to be the moment. Ever since learning of her marriage and entrance to the templerate she has thought about this. She was to complete the rites of marriage on the last day of the Starlight Festival. That was tomorrow.

The rituals began at sun down on the day before. She was bathed in scented water for three hours. Following this, wearing only the ceremonial robe, she then meditated until the two moons were dropping. She slept for 8 hours and awoke late in the morning.

She slept little. She was to caught up in the moment of gaining power and authority within the temperate. After this night, she would be a leader within her section. Possibly third in command of State Affairs (The Chamber of Order) under only Djene and the current Hi-Templar Veela. Knowing Djene, Veela will only have a few more years at most to live. This would make her second in command. She will need to watch and learn from Djene to further her own power.

She continued to fast as instructed and expected. She was to be pure for her Union with Nibenay. Around the decent of the sun each of the senior templars came to give her well wishes and advice. It began and ended with a gift giving and a family kisses on each cheek then Keela to their hands. She was bothered by the bitter constrained smile Djene wore. Siemhouk (the favorite) gave a sad smile. The others were unreadable.

Now dark, Keela went into the royal house section. She had never been here before. After tonight, she would have free access to this section. After tonight, she would have access to any section of Nibenay. She washed again in scented water with rose pedals of a purple color floating in the water. The pollen from these flowers made her head light and gave her the giggles. She sipped sweet wine while combing her hair and applying facial creams and high lighters. As a final act, she cast a brief spell onto herself to her a greater appearance and wore a circlet that belonged to her grandmother. Its sparkle also enhanced her beauty.

“If Mania yet lived, he could never turn me down now. He would beg to be my slave. Plead to wash my toes. Grovel to do things to me…. And I would say no to him.” Her mood dimmed briefly until she saw her face in the mirror. She pushed back from the table and let the robe fall to the floor. The magics, youth and her heritage made her perfect. She saw no flaws on her body. She was perfect…perfect to become a queen.

A bell jingled signaling his arrival. She blew out each candle and went onto the bed. She fidgeted back and forth whether to be in or out of her robe, above or below the top sheets. She wanted this to be perfect. She knew it would be perfect. She was perfect.

Deciding to lay above the covers with the robe only draped over her body she lay there for 5 minutes. The perfumes and drink making her head spin. She scarcely knew he was within the room until his massive form blocked the window.

The darkness made it hard to see him. She knew he was bald with limited facial hair. He was not overly muscular but was fit. She had read this and seen all of his pictures and sculptures.

He sat on the bed. He sniffed several times taking in deep lungfuls of air. She heard something in a language she had never heard before. Then he leaned into the light close enough to her face for her to see well.

She was still screaming 15 minutes after he was done. He was there but 5 minutes. Then when done had left.

She had married a monster.

Roman

First Post
Great updates!

Now even I, the heartless person that I am, feel sorry for Keela. ;) But I guess that is the price of desire for power and entereing the templarate.

Suldulin

First Post
heh, was wondering what her reaction would be :D that had to be a rude awakening, she's just going to be dragged further and further down, but then that's what tends to happen to templars anyway

Remove ads