Undine the Sea

Amaury

First Post
Krindorf's own description brings a smile that Jallembo cannot hide. this Krindorff! Same
bravado as when we faced these ants! Always straight to the point! We'll see if he's that
hungry for glory when he'll be sitting in a dodgy boat facing waves after waves.. eh eh eh
thinks Jallembo.

He bows slightly to Babette who he doesn't know and turns to the others expecting Lokin
and Ximix to introduce themselves as well.

Ximix

First Post
Ximix sits at the table with a glass of wine untouched at his elbow. He watches and listens, and when there is a lull he seems to realize that the others are looking at him to speak.
"I am called Ximix, and am originally from the war-torn region of Rivenblight. I left my home in search of knowledge for myself in Gliran's name, and perhaps someday for the help of my own homeland. I know nothing of glory, nor care to. My capabilities lie with healing in these circumstances, though I can also use lesser arcane items should that be needed. I am not a fighter, nor am I stealthy. I will stand with you and advise and heal as I am able through the gifts of my lord Gliran." His speech stops clipped, as though he is embarrassed to speak so much, and he lowers his gaze to his wine.

The cleric sits in his rich blue-purple vestment robe, a heavy looking dark-blue metal disk embossed with a longsword over an open book hangs from his neck. His features are atypically Elven, sharp nose and tipped ears revealed from his long hair which is bound back from his face severely by cords... his eyes however are a soft gray, and his stare seems to be distant.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Ximix said:
Ximix sits at the table with a glass of wine untouched at his elbow. He watches and listens, and when there is a lull he seems to realize that the others are looking at him to speak.
"I am called Ximix, and am originally from the war-torn region of Rivenblight. I left my home in search of knowledge for myself in Gliran's name, and perhaps someday for the help of my own homeland. I know nothing of glory, nor care to. My capabilities lie with healing in these circumstances, though I can also use lesser arcane items should that be needed. I am not a fighter, nor am I stealthy. I will stand with you and advise and heal as I am able through the gifts of my lord Gliran." His speech stops clipped, as though he is embarrassed to speak so much, and he lowers his gaze to his wine.

The cleric sits in his rich blue-purple vestment robe, a heavy looking dark-blue metal disk embossed with a longsword over an open book hangs from his neck. His features are atypically Elven, sharp nose and tipped ears revealed from his long hair which is bound back from his face severely by cords... his eyes however are a soft gray, and his stare seems to be distant.
*Alicia raises an eyebrow.*

"Rivenblight? I trust that you do not share the opinions of your representative?" she asks with a measured and carefully cool tone.

Ximix

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
*Alicia raises an eyebrow.*

"Rivenblight? I trust that you do not share the opinions of your representative?" she asks with a measured and carefully cool tone.

[sblock=OOC: ]The following is ROLE PLAYING, not REAL LIFE, please don't take this seriously, I am not.[/sblock]

Ximix stares at Alicia for a full minute. His gaze is not harsh, rather more thoughtful. When he speaks it is in the same measured tones he always speaks, crisp, clear and without emotion.
"I meant to say no more or less than the words that I selected. However, the ambassador of my people is a source of conflict which has led to a preconception of my people. I will defend myself before further misconceptions can form based merely on my race and homeland, for which my only hope is for peace: I do not accept that a person is more or less than another based on their race alone. I am sorry that people have not advanced past such base views, yet I have no such prejudices, with the sorrowful exception of certain of the humanoid races such as the goblish and orcish peoples.
It was ignorant of me to mention my homeland considering the current atmosphere without clarifying for those who would jump into the morass of conflict over racism. I will attempt to select my words more carefully in the future.
That is the last time I should expect to explain myself for something I have neither said nor done. My words and actions speak for me, if someone chooses to read something that is not there I will not bother to correct them again. If however I say or do something to offend anyone here, simply tell me, I will do whatever I can to relieve the burden I have placed upon you."

The Elf simply releases his gaze at the end of his statement, and stares at his wine, as if contemplating what he should do with it.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Its me or this tree hugger speaks too much?" Krindorf jokes patting Ximix in the back. "Relax flower head, we are all on the same side here. Ah' tell ye more, Ah'm more on yer side of 'the same side', owe ye my life pointy ears."

Rystil Arden

First Post
Ximix said:
The following is ROLE PLAYING, not REAL LIFE, please don't take this seriously, I am not.

(OOC: I know ;))

"It is very simple. The nation of Rivenblight has declared itself opposed to us. What's more, I have lost family to the blades of soldiers of Rivenblight. I would like to think that I am able to look past a person's race--I didn't comment on anything based on the fact that you were an elf, did I?--it is your political affiliation that deeply worries me. As I'm sure you know, Hendrallia is the country that is usually in skirmishes with Rivenblight. In that regard, your comments about Rivenblight's peace are somewhat disturbing--it would likely be a peace drenched in Hendrallian blood. I would like to think that despite our nations' mutual dislike that we could work together, but you have not given me any more reason to trust you."

Amaury

First Post
Jallembo frowns as he hears the words and the conclusion of the Hendrallian girl.
"Hey! Stop there! Are you doubting Ximix's words?? I know Ximix.
We've fought together and he's always been loyal to the group and to Life generally
speaking. Plus, we've all gone through this lie detection magic thing. He was not excluded
and I see no reasons why political matters between two countries should fore-judge of
Ximix's attachment to this cause.
That the loss of some of your family affects you is understandable but not to the point of
doubting Ximix's intentions! Judge him on his actions!..."
Jallembo says in a growingly
angry tone.
He adds: "Now, I hope this issue is over and that you can start giving us
some information about this shard and mission!"

OOC: I and Jallembo have no clue as to who this Alicia is, whether she has some authority
or else. so i play as she's just a NPC who's been selected to guide us. if I misunderstood, let
me know and i'll correct - maybe... :)

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Ah yes, I'd forgotten that you still haven't read the other thread yet to know what's going on. Each mission is sponsored by one of the nations. Alicia is the representative in charge of this expedition, since this mission will be the one sponsored by her nation, Hendrallia, so yes, she does have that authority. Actually, Hendrallia is the nation that seemed most tenuous in supporting the coalition but eventually said yes, so someone who was aware of that would probably not want to piss off Alicia, who was one of the only Hendrallians who seemed enthusiastic. Also, whenever you find time to read the thread, you'll find that Alicia is correct that the delegate from Rivenblight declared that the nation of Rivenblight is opposed to the expedition and will do everything it can to make it fail, so she's not making that up. Even ignoring Alicia's personal factors, someone who overstates loyalty to Rivenblight has an excellent reason to be distrusted, even if they are known not to be a cultist, as they may still support thwarting the expedition (Sage Thiliaerin of Rivenblight is against it though not because he is a cultist). In character, she has more reason because of personal factors, but even if she hadn't been from Hendrallia, questioning after that opener from Ximix would have been likely from pretty much any of the sponsors).

She has no idea about the information yet either, that's Rayne Liore who will tell you that.)

Last edited:

Amaury

First Post
OOC: thanks for the explanation. i have read the story, but it was not clear whether that would place her as a authority of just as a mere sponsor. anyway Jallembo doesn't like authority too much.. so I kind of softened my reply a bit ;)

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Amaury said:
Jallembo frowns as he hears the words and the conclusion of the Hendrallian girl.
"Hey! Stop there! Are you doubting Ximix's words?? I know Ximix.
We've fought together and he's always been loyal to the group and to Life generally
speaking. Plus, we've all gone through this lie detection magic thing. He was not excluded
and I see no reasons why political matters between two countries should fore-judge of
Ximix's attachment to this cause.
That the loss of some of your family affects you is understandable but not to the point of
doubting Ximix's intentions! Judge him on his actions!..."
Jallembo says in a growingly
angry tone.
He adds: "Now, I hope this issue is over and that you can start giving us
some information about this shard and mission!"

OOC: I and Jallembo have no clue as to who this Alicia is, whether she has some authority
or else. so i play as she's just a NPC who's been selected to guide us. if I misunderstood, let
me know and i'll correct - maybe... :)
"Huh? No, It isn't over just on say-so. Just because he isn't a cultist does not mean that he is on our side. For instance, I don't suspect Sage Thiliaerin to be a cultist, but there's no way I would let him into our group for this mission, as he has stated that he wants to sabotage us," Alicia tries to explain patiently, but she is clearly a bit irritated with Jallembo, "I'm going to need to know that he's on our side here and not Rivenblight's side--the side that will be trying to stop us and cause us to fail. Considering that his nation is actually literally against us now, that is not too much to ask, and there's really no room to debate over whether or not it is. This has nothing to do with Hendrallia being against Rivenblight and everything to do with Rivenblight being quite literally against us. I'm sure Ximix understands that too. He is, after all, the one who said that if anything he says or does causes a problem, we should tell him. Let the man talk. IF he is truly with us, I am sure he can convince us of it with his own words."

(OOC: Poor Alicia--she's the only sponsor nice enough to take everyone out for a free meal and she gets beat on more than Frump :lol: Based on that, this group may be in trouble for the diplomatic part of this mission. Ironically, Ximix might have fit in better politically in the Sylvan group where Rinaldo initially placed him. Though these new groups do have a good class balance now except clericless Sylvan.)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases