Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana Divine Domains

Parmandur

Book-Friend
There was a direct question to Mike Mearls about mutliclassing balance for an earlier UA, and he said that's done at a later stage than UA when it goes from designer to developer for the next pass.

UA is mainly to verify the "feel" is right. Nevertheless, pretty sure they don't lose too much sleep over obscure combinations under a variant rule; they can balance, but they have an out.

CapnZapp

Legend
One optimistic view is that they put three alternatives out there with each UA, but will only print one or two (the ones best recieved) into actual supplements :)

Waterbizkit

Explorer
I like these, particularly the Forge domain. I may see if my players with the Dwarven Cleric of Moradin is interested in making a switch since he went with the Life domain over Knowledge, which he didn't really think fit Moradin and Life being a good "generic" domain.

I'm also looking forward to next week's UA quite a bit now. They're clearly going alphabetically at this point and I've been looking forward to more Druid options for a while.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
One optimistic view is that they put three alternatives out there with each UA, but will only print one or two (the ones best recieved) into actual supplements :)

Doubtful, if they have a whole book to fill; so far we have three-two-three, and Crawford said on Twitter these UA will be of varying sizes, depending on topic; so more than three for some Classes, likely, and they have already tested out several other Bard subclasses to good result so far; would expect to see those in a book, too.

Aldarc

Legend
Which comforts me given how flavorful and unique the Forge cleric is.

People give the Protection cleric crap, but I think that it is more salvageable then the Grave cleric, which seems to have a far greater identity crisis. I was going to review the Grave cleric before the Forge, but the more I looked at it, the less that I liked. I normally love the sort of Repose-type, but this one is must meh... :erm:

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases