• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Unearthed Arcana Playtest Packet 6 Video

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I'm cautiously nervous. This is feeling far more closer now to nip-tuck than a reconstruction. The fact that subclasses are moving back to where they were (save third level) and the loss of epic boons shows the radical changes are done and the 24 PHB will be more like Tasha/MotM 2.0 than D&D 5.5.

In the battle between compatibility and innovation, compatibility won.
I think anyone who wasn’t expecting that to be the case was either not paying attention, or letting wishful thinking get the better of them.

Charlaquin

I don't think subclass levels are a 'deep structure' element. Especially given how haphazardly they were thrown about the first time.

It's just that their default stance is to just reprint 2014 as is, so anything that doesn't get only glowing praise? Back to 2014 with you (see: exhaustion).
Personally, I’ll be relieved if Exhaustion survives untouched from 2014. It’s supposed to be harsh.

Charlaquin

For Monk it sounds like Open Hand and Shadow, might be in the packet. Though I see the need to test out the "baseline" Monk which is Open Hand, Way of the Elements needs the most help and most feedback to steer it in the right direction. I feel that they should bother putting in that subclass among the first because of that.
I’d bet elements doesn’t make the cut to the new PHB

Vael

Legend
I'm glad Weapon Mastery is here to stay, while I prefer spell casters, I do like the system.

I'm curious to see what the new Wildshape looks like on the Druid

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads