Unique Special Abilities for the followers of an Elven Banshee

trentonjoe

Explorer
I am creating a elven village that has a local demigod with some worshippers. The demigod is an elven witch that is now a banshee with some divine essence.
I want her followers to be distinctive and unique. So far I have for them:

Ghost like white chain mail (elven chain)
The ability to go ethereal (reskinned Blink spell)
A deadly wail (reskinned shatter spell)

I am thinking about some sort of arrow attack that isn't physical (maybe a CHR save?).

Any additional ideas you have I am thankful for!

Last edited:

aco175

Legend
My first thought is something to do with aging or staying young. Some sort of weakness spell that ages the target, even until after a long rest. Maybe model it after a wight's energy drain power where you lose HP until after a long rest.

They could just stay young as long as they sacrifice children or something and be worth it to some.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
My first thought was to have them be deaf so they would be immune to the banshees wail (I think that works?) and communicate with a sign language.

Edit: but that's mostly flavor, not abilities.

Wormwood

Adventurer
Chorus of the Dead: a 5' aura around each. When the Banshee uses her Wail, anyone within the aura is affected by it (not just those within 30' of the Banshee)

edit: if you're feeling merciful, limit it to line of sight to the Banshee.

Last edited:

trentonjoe

Explorer
Here's a rough draft if you are interested:

Blessing of the Wailing Mother. The initiation process into the Screaming Sisters requires a ritual that permanently deafens her. Her brain and soul are changed making her immune to verbal charms and resistant to thunder and psychic damage.

Observant. If you can see a creature's mouth while it is speaking a language you understand, you can interpret what it's saying by reading its lips

Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on Saving Throws against being Charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.

Language of the Wail: Screaming Sisters can communicate with each other using hand signals and air currents if they can see each other.

Innate Spellcasting: Screaming Sisters are a 6th-level spellcaster that uses Charisma as their spellcasting ability (spell save DC 15; +5 to hit with spell attacks).She can innately cast the following Spells, requiring no material components:

At Will: Message, Fog Cloud, Ghost Arrow (see below)
3/day each: Snare, Shatter (15’ cone), Inflict Wounds
1/day each: Blink

Chorus of the Dead: Each Screaming Sister has a 5' aura around her. If a Banshee uses her Wail ability, anyone within the aura is affected by it (not just those within 30' of the Banshee)

ACTIONS
Short Sword. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6+3) piercing damage.

Ghost Arrow. Ranged Spell Attack: +5 to hit, range 120 ft, one target. Hit: 9 (2d8) necrotic damage and the target can’t heal for one round.

Curse of the Banshee. Ranged Spell , 60’ range, The target takes 2d8 poison damage and it's poisoned until the end of your next turn. Constitution save (DC 15) negates.

Gift of the Banshee: Screaming sisters can cast Inflict Wounds and Shatter once per day as a bonus action. This counts against their innate spell casting limit.

Remove ads