Level Up (A5E) Unofficial Poll on Combat Traditions and Maneuvers

Zetesofos

Explorer
I just provided my two Copper pieces to the poll. ;) I think A5E needs tips for anyone wanting to homebrew new Combat Traditions.
I'll be working on at least one new tradition "White Lotus" that I'm converting from my homebrew Warlord that I made about a year ago. Just need to adjust to the new exertion point system.

xiphumor

Legend
So with N=7 (admittedly not much), Adamant Mountain has the highest approval for both concept and design, while Unending Wheel has the lowest. Mist and Shade has the largest gap between those who like the concept and those who like the execution, followed by Sanguine Knot.

scaramouche

Explorer
That sounds about right to me. Adamant Mountain is very clear on what it's about, and executes on that in a straight forward and useful way. Unending Wheel is admittedly a more difficult Tradition to get right. It appears to be about supporting a signature weapon style of play, and maybe some Zorro style action? That might be just one maneuver exerting too much gravity. Signature weapon sounds like a easy design space, but 15 maneuvers is a lot to pack in there; I understand the challenge. For Mist and Shade, I think having some other skills represented would have helped a lot. To the point where I'm considering Stealth and Acrobatics as focus for a new Tradition.

xiphumor

Legend
That sounds about right to me. Adamant Mountain is very clear on what it's about, and executes on that in a straight forward and useful way. Unending Wheel is admittedly a more difficult Tradition to get right. It appears to be about supporting a signature weapon style of play, and maybe some Zorro style action? That might be just one maneuver exerting too much gravity. Signature weapon sounds like a easy design space, but 15 maneuvers is a lot to pack in there; I understand the challenge. For Mist and Shade, I think having some other skills represented would have helped a lot. To the point where I'm considering Stealth and Acrobatics as focus for a new Tradition.
I would say that Stealth would be an easy way to expand Mist and Shade.

Also, I’ve always had a hard time visualizing what Unending Wheel was supposed to feel like.

Remove ads