Untitled JJ Abrams movie

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Acid_crash said:
Could someone enlighten me as to what these puzzles have to do with the movie and how this all got started?

Viral Marketing. People find out about the site through blogs like the ones I reference in my post above, or seeded word-of-mouth through chat rooms and the like. They go, they play the game, they get the emails and such. Later on they find that it's tied in to the movie or book or whatever, which they can then relate to still-clueless friends wondering 'what was that weird trailer about?'. It fuels speculation and word of mouth advertising.

Shayuri

First Post
Wow... Weird timing then.

I guess that opens up the possibilities on JJ's movie.

Dang. That trailer. When the first strange noise sounds, just before the power flickers, it's not a roar. It's more like...a voice. A strange, echoing voice. Gives me the heebie jeebies.

Fast Learner

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
Except that JJ just informed Ain't It Cool News that the Ethan Haas sites are not connected with him or his movie.
But, as has been pointed out, JJ said the same thing about the Lost ARG sites last summer, when in fact they were. I think he just wants to make it seem more mysterious and weird.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Fast Learner said:
But, as has been pointed out, JJ said the same thing about the Lost ARG sites last summer, when in fact they were. I think he just wants to make it seem more mysterious and weird.

I agree- the actor in the Ethan Haas videos looks kind of like the Rob character in the trailer.

(Looking at it again- now I'm not so sure. Especially because the one guy says his name is Ben. Definitely intriguing, though.)

Last edited:

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
A lot of the ARG communities have been debating whether the Ethan Haas and 1/18/08 are connected. The general rule of thumb they follow is that until one ingame site refers to another, there's no connection.

Of course, I found that after I started the thread. Ah well, still interesting :)

DonTadow

First Post
horacethegrey said:
See, this is why I'm cautiously optimistic about his involvement in Star Trek. He may perhaps come up with an amazing concepthave an interesting storyline hook, yet his execution may be underwhelming and leave much to be desired.

If Trek is to have a comeback as a franchise, it cannot be underwhelming.
I'm adamantly fearful. Its going to be hard to make a "past" trek work. J.J. has never showed any scifi chops. Enterprise had all the leftovers from the star trek universe, modernized it up a bit and had the great scott bakula and it still failed.

Remove ads