Untitled JJ Abrams movie

Banshee16

First Post
I tried the second puzzle, but I'm not sure what to do. My assumption is that you're supposed to match the symbols on the ring with those running down the line on the center of the sphere, but I can't seem to figure out what to do.

Maybe there's a certain pair of symbols that need to be matched up? I can match them by dragging both rings...but it didn't do anything, so I'm not sure if you're supposed to match certain *specific* symbols..

Banshee

thatdarncat

Overlord of Chat
solution hidden below:

If you hover the mouse over the right star, it provides you with a cypher. Each symbol matches up with a letter of the alphabet.

All you need to do is spell "HASS" and the puzzle will activate.

I'm onto the third puzzle now. :)

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Slink RatBane said:
Click on the star to left of screen and a message made with the symbols appears. I still haven't figured it out yet.

It isn't a message, it's the code you use. 26 symbols = simple substitution code.

http://boredzo.org/stuph/ethanhaas-alphabet.png

I solved the first three puzzles, but then I had to go and find a walkthrough; the fourth puzzle is just stupid hard. The reason is that it uses the arrow keys instead of the mouse.

Solution to #4
Using the arrow keys you can change the arrow direction on the balls, a second tap on that same key moves them. ↑←↓↓←→↑→↑←←

#5 is back to using the substitution code, and strings of characters. The rows of glyphs on the bottom of the sphere can be changed. They are thankfully in alphabetical order as you click on them.
Solution to #5
use the bottom glyphs to spell out 'the beginning is the end'.

Given the sound of the messages, and the stuff at http://ethanhaaswaswrong.blogspot.com/ it sounds almost more like a 'return of the old gods/Cthulhu' movie than 'Godzilla'.

Other related stuff at http://www.eurotransient.com/ - viral marketing at it's finest :)

Last edited:

horacethegrey

First Post
All I know is JJ Abrams is highly overrated in my eyes. Never could get into Alias. Not much of a Lost fan (though he only co created that). And Mission Impossible 3 felt like an extended episode of the aforementioned Alias.

Sorry, but I don't see what's so great about the guy's work. Though I do hope his Star Trek film comes out well, if only to give than franchise a shot in the arm that it sorely needs.

horacethegrey said:
All I know is JJ Abrams is highly overrated in my eyes.

My experience suggests that he's fantastic at coming up with basic concepts, and at starting really interesting storylines and ideas.

I have yet, however, to see any evidence whatsoever that he knows how to follow through or end any of 'em.

horacethegrey

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
My experience suggests that he's fantastic at coming up with basic concepts, and at starting really interesting storylines and ideas.

I have yet, however, to see any evidence whatsoever that he knows how to follow through or end any of 'em.
See, this is why I'm cautiously optimistic about his involvement in Star Trek. He may perhaps come up with an amazing concepthave an interesting storyline hook, yet his execution may be underwhelming and leave much to be desired.

If Trek is to have a comeback as a franchise, it cannot be underwhelming.

Bayushi Seikuro

First Post

My guess is that 54312 is going to be some code you put in at the website to unlock the other information, kind of the way the 'Harvey Dent for DA' website was 'hacked' for Dark Knight, whereas each code entered 'ate' part of the picture away.

But, I digress. I'm very interested. I'd like to see it be a Lovecraftian movie more than an actual Lovecraft story updated.

Re: the trailer.
I am curious about what all exactly is happening. It might just be me, but after the large fireball, the offshooting parts seem to explode again, as someone pointed out, like cluster munitions.

Very curious, indeed.

Remove ads