Upcoming Adventure Review

Aura

Explorer
OK, I have completely thrown out the adventure I had originally planned for 6-9's and I'm just starting another one. I'm sorry, but I wasted a lot of time trying to massage a bad adventure idea into something playable and I should have just given up early. So I've got a new idea, one that I'm considerably happier with, and I just wanted to throw one idea out there:

I'm considering running it as a fixed-level adventure. All the time and encounter based awards will be up-scaled to 'what would have been' had we done continuous experience. In fact, I'm pretty sure I can model the experience and treasure with 100% reliability. Anyone game for this? This would be the Cheesemakers crowd (Pirvinia, Samad, et al), plus potentially Jonas (Mowgli). Let me know--otherwise I can run it on the continuous scale.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I'm considering running it as a fixed-level adventure. All the time and encounter based awards will be up-scaled to 'what would have been' had we done continuous experience. In fact, I'm pretty sure I can model the experience and treasure with 100% reliability. Anyone game for this? This would be the Cheesemakers crowd (Pirvinia, Samad, et al), plus potentially Jonas (Mowgli). Let me know--otherwise I can run it on the continuous scale.
Basically, no leveling up during the adventure? I don't have a problem with that.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I'm not in that group but it is certainly easier for the DM to run adventure that way. I've encountered other DM's running things in that fashion.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Looks like we have an abundance of new characters for your adventure, DT!

Snorri Ironaxe (paladin 1 (stonelord), Radaceus)
Regar Lilothian (wizard 1 (conjurer), Sezarious)
Brog Strongheart (ranger 1 (infiltrator), Sunshadow21)
Caius Aurelius (paladin 1, Merry Mortician)
Maenor Thangur (magus 1 (kensai), Ealt)
Erin Vaneese (magus 2 (kensai), Anastrace)
Kristia Carver (brawler 1, Skysear)
Kepli Stormborn (shaman 2, GlassEye)

It could be that not all of those are interested. I would be willing to have Kepli sit this one out or bring her in later if someone drops out. I also have the feeling I'm missing a couple of characters that should be on the list...

EDIT: I've four players in my 'About a Cow' adventure. I could pretty easily work a couple of these characters into that adventure (Kristia would make sense, since she was originally recruited; Erin or Snorri would reduce class duplication, though it would be awesome to see a pair of dwarves in your adventure, DT).

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
If we can reasonably work one or two into About a Cow, that would be ideal. Low level adventures have the highest attrition and I'd wouldn't want to form 2 adventures out of the 8 we have on the docket right now. Two adventures of 6 is preferable (assuming all on the list are seeking adventure, I can safely say most are.)

PS: I think you got the list of hopefuls correct, GE.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I've messaged Skysear and Anastrace about working Kristia and Erin into 'About a Cow'. That should leave the other six for DT's adventure with no need for anyone to sit out this round.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I also have no issues with not leveling during the adventure - I'm running Mynhear's Bane that way. And I'd love to have Jonas in your adventure Aura. He's probably my favorite character currently adventuring - I've been considering retiring both Jaelle and Weylyn after the adventure's they're in come to a close and focusing just on Jonas for a while.

GlassEye

Adventurer
If Erin and Kristia move to my adventure that leaves the following for DT's. That still leaves two paladins but they are very different characters in personality and stonelord alters mechanics enough that I don't think it'll be an issue. If either Radaceus or Merry disagree with me then perhaps we could switch Kristia to DT's adventure and move Snorri over to the one I'm running. I think the following is a very good party with interesting dynamics. Should be fun and I, for one, am really looking forward to it (and not using Kepli as a frontline fighter this time, lol).

Snorri Ironaxe (paladin 1 (stonelord), Radaceus)
Regar Lilothian (wizard 1 (conjurer), Sezarious)
Brog Strongheart (ranger 1 (infiltrator), Sunshadow21)
Caius Aurelius (paladin 1, Merry Mortician)
Maenor Thangur (magus 1 (kensai), Ealt)
Kepli Stormborn (shaman 2, GlassEye)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Looks good to me. The only thing we really don't have covered it rogue, but I think we can get away with that. Melee fighters, arcane casters and healers all contained in that party. I can go out and specifically invite them all in my next post to the Dunn Wright Inn, then start the IC thread in a second post.

Remove ads