Upcoming Adventure Review

Satin Knights

First Post
Well, looking through my pile of first level adventures, I am not finding that much that I am fond of. I might just have to whip up something as a "Return to Boar's Ridge". The first group out there, got their objective and then ran quickly back to town. Well, as quick as you can leading a blind dwarf. :lol:

Half the rooms were unexplored, one of the prisoners escaped and the map is already drawn out. Now I just have to build a new BBEG and a figure out a new plot hook. The old one was fun, but I don't think I can repeat it.

-SK

jkason

First Post
Well, looking through my pile of first level adventures, I am not finding that much that I am fond of. I might just have to whip up something as a "Return to Boar's Ridge". The first group out there, got their objective and then ran quickly back to town. Well, as quick as you can leading a blind dwarf. :lol:

Half the rooms were unexplored, one of the prisoners escaped and the map is already drawn out. Now I just have to build a new BBEG and a figure out a new plot hook. The old one was fun, but I don't think I can repeat it.

-SK

Well, there was the detail where we thought Grimspiller was a hobgoblin, then when we fought him he was a bugbear (or maybe it was the other way around. I don't fully recall). I always thought he might have had some kind of contingency cast on him that let him reincarnate. Or maybe he was just in with an evil druid who did it. In which case, he could certainly be back and pissed off about it, whether he's stealing cats this time or not.

Or if he was in with evil druids, one suspects they probably wouldn't be happy to lose him, whether they reincarnated him again or not. :)

Satin Knights

First Post
Well, I have been pondering the level 7's as well. I mixed a couple PFS scenarios and a hand crafted BBEG together, and think I have something for them. So, for

Vincenzo 7 Fighter
Sylla 7 Summoner
Galandra 6 Ranger
Ellamin 7 Bard
Lem 6 Monk
Menik 6 Wizard
Maui 7 Druid

As a large group, I can treat you as a APL 8 party and get everyone other than Kalgor in the range going in one game. Nathan could even come off of vacation mode and play. I don't need all 7 or 8 for this game, it could run with 4 or 5 just as well. I just hate leaving one or two characters on the sideline when it might be 4-6 months before another level appropriate game starts up.

Game time: 6-9 months. A little longer than an PFS scenario
Leveling: Once easily, maybe twice.
Plot: We know X is here. Go get it and we will pay well. But, um, no one else has survived trying before. Just a warning. :devil:

So, given the player pool, that leaves PM, GE or Mowgli as judge possibilities.

As to the first levels, maybe by the end of the week I will have that one plotted out as well.

Satin Knights

First Post
Okay. From Whence None Return and Return to Boar's Ridge have been plotted out and sent to the judge's account.

Both are a bit loose in the paperwork department, but have all the needed info for the encounters. With the exceptions of Paskell, Lightfeather and Kalgor, that should give everyone in the DWI a chance to jump into a game by the weekend.

Aura

Explorer
Starting work on ROUS 3 now, target APL 2, if that effects any of your recruitment decisions, SK. I am hoping to dovetail it onto ROUS 2 with enough time between to (1) level up (2) shop (3) bring in one or two new members. I could potentially handle any level 1-3 stragglers from the initial cattle call of low levels.

Remove ads