Update to Season 8 Rules

rczarnec

Explorer
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/news/changes-dd-adventurers-league-rewards

There are some changes to the problematic item list. For example, Dawnbringer can now be exchanged for points or for a Sun Blade. Mithral Splintmail +1 can no longer be exchanged for points, only for Splintmail +1 or Mithral Splintmail.

Points gained in this manner must still be spent immediately on items of your tier or lower.

Note that there is now a point to GP option on the unlocked item list, one point for 50 GP.

rczarnec

Explorer
In the updated player guide there has been a change to trading, the items now not only have to be the same rarity, the items have to be from the same table.

"Permanent magic items can be traded on a one-for-one basis for items of the same rarity from the same magic item table in the Dungeon Master’s Guide. "

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Interesting, so the Eberron Season allows mix and match from just three books: the PHB, the Wayfarers Guide, and Xanathar's Guide. So, you can use XGtE subclass options, but no With or Goblin PCs in Eberron Season One.

Interesting, so the Eberron Season allows mix and match from just three books: the PHB, the Wayfarers Guide, and Xanathar's Guide. So, you can use XGtE subclass options, but no With or Goblin PCs in Eberron Season One.

It makes a certain amount of sense. They probably want to encourage people to testdrive the numerous race and subrace options in the WGtE.

SubDude

Explorer
Yeah, they changed a lot of the launch page, and issued version 8.1 of all the reference documents at the bottom of the web page. Not any wholesale change to how gold is earned, which was one of the largest complaints of the system. There were a few concessions, and they corrected some of the typos.

gyor

Legend
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/news/changes-dd-adventurers-league-rewards

There are some changes to the problematic item list. For example, Dawnbringer can now be exchanged for points or for a Sun Blade. Mithral Splintmail +1 can no longer be exchanged for points, only for Splintmail +1 or Mithral Splintmail.

Points gained in this manner must still be spent immediately on items of your tier or lower.

Note that there is now a point to GP option on the unlocked item list, one point for 50 GP.

That is too low, you better off taking armour and sell it. It needs to be equal to what you can see armour for.

jasper

Rotten DM
Most problem items are 24 points of treasure. With the mention armour. Spell gems are 2 TP per max level the gem can hold 1 if cantrip.

I find myself looking forward to the new guidelines quite a bit.

I still get a chuckle over the illegal items list. I can just picture someone rolling up to an AL table and waving the Wand of Orcus around.

Remove ads