[UPDATED] Dragon+: An Official D&D iOS App

Dragon Magazine on iOS apparently some folks are finding this in the iOS news stand app...I'm still investigating so in the meantime...I'm just going to put this here

Dragon Magazine on iOS

apparently some folks are finding this in the iOS news stand app...I'm still investigating so in the meantime...I'm just going to put this here

View attachment 68157

lkj

Hero
There's supposed to be an in depth look at video games past and present, more info on Sword Coast Legends, Ed Greenwood talking about his new novel, a short story, AL info and reader feedback, but all content subject to change.

As has been said before it is at least worth every penny it costs, and I think it's definitely a step in the right direction. Hopefully it improves with each issue as well.

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to giving it a read through. Just living vicariously in the meantime. I think the move to making Dragon an app makes an awful lot of sense. I also think it might provide an excellent venue eventually for providing setting material, especially if they consider compiling it later

AD

redrick

First Post
I love the move to support mobile friendly platforms. Something that I can read on my smaller screen, offline on the subway. Looking forward to the android release and hopefully good desktop support. I also would love to see a way for the web articles -- UA and Behind the Screen, etc, delivered in this fashion. I do all my reading on the go!

I downloaded the first issue and skimmed it last night. The actual content is ... Ok. Can't complain too much about a freebie, but some concern is valid, because this is being proposed as the replacement for the Dragon magazine of the past. I mean, again, Wizards can do whatever they wish, but not sure if this scratches the dragon itch. It reminds me a little of The 20 that gets played while people take their seats at a Regal movie theater.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Mod Edit: Morrus distinctly told you to drop it. Since you can't seem to drop it, it will be dropped for you. ~Umbran

Last edited by a moderator:

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Side tangent... What can an app data mine..I mean I never noticed anything before

You would be surprised. Not sure that the app under discussion but moblie apps can look at your contacts, facebook friends and other social medial lists. At your gepgraphical location all of which is valuable to some marketer, even if not the one running the app you are using.

Halivar

First Post
Am I the only one who remembers Dragon Magazine circa 3.5 also being a collection of advertisements? The difference this time is it's for products I am more likely to buy. Some of the setting information would belong more properly in a DM-oriented offering, like Dungeon. Unless Dragon+ is intended to do double-duty?

Agamon

Adventurer
Am I the only one who remembers Dragon Magazine circa 3.5 also being a collection of advertisements? The difference this time is it's for products I am more likely to buy. Some of the setting information would belong more properly in a DM-oriented offering, like Dungeon. Unless Dragon+ is intended to do double-duty?

Gaming magazines that last any time at all eventually become house organs. Dragon became that very early on in it's existence.

Also, if it's mainly fluff articles, there's not much need to differentiate player and DM articles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shasarak

Banned
Banned

Dragon Magazine has always been full of advertisements.

Remove ads

Remove ads