[UPDATED] Dragon+: An Official D&D iOS App

Dragon Magazine on iOS apparently some folks are finding this in the iOS news stand app...I'm still investigating so in the meantime...I'm just going to put this here
Dragon Magazine on iOS

apparently some folks are finding this in the iOS news stand app...I'm still investigating so in the meantime...I'm just going to put this here

View attachment 68157

JeffB

Legend
It's a little buggy for me when I try and open the maps, for example. It blanks out and locks up sometimes. And not being able to turn to landscape drives me nuts.

That said, For free, I cannot complain, but realisticslly this is pretty weak as a substitute for DDI or print Dragon. This is a marketing app. There is no "plus" about it all.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Nice! Though the android was an app? Doesn't the android store show numbers?

It's on odd comparison to make, as people don't repeatedly download newstand apps. A new newstand type app will typically get more downloads in its first month than an older app does.

Zaran

Adventurer
I'm hoping the App works more like a Wiki where I can search for a subject without knowing which month it showed up in.

Zaran

Adventurer
So far it doesn't work like a wiki. In fact the search function of the app doesn't work at all whether it's inside the magazine or just trying to find a keyword on the news feed.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A wiki? As in software which allows multiple people to edit it and which hyperlinks words via markup to article titles?

Remove ads

Remove ads