[UPDATED] Glimpses of the DMG!

Various bloggers and the like have been receiving copies of the D&D 5E Dungeon Master's Guide in advance of its release at preferred stores on Friday. Some have been posting small snapshots of the interior revealing bits of content. Here's what I've managed to find.

Various bloggers and the like have been receiving copies of the D&D 5E Dungeon Master's Guide in advance of its release at preferred stores on Friday. Some have been posting small snapshots of the interior revealing bits of content. Here's what I've managed to find.

B3YHRhSIgAEvYyW.jpg

Speed factors from Brian Patterson

B3Vg8X5CAAAGr_P.jpg

The Creating Adventures section from Bill Cavalier who says it has "some great structural advice with tables of examples"

B3TiyBMCYAAFPDR.jpg

Matt Staggs posts a photo of his copy

B3YuCLvCYAABFSN.jpg

Random dungeon building from Bill Cavalier. He tries it out, below; more photos from him follows that.

Dungeon goal. Result: 18. Parley with a villain in the dungeon.

Identify important NPCs. Result: 17. Our villain is a humanoid raider or ravager. OK, plot hooks are starting to cook.

Roll for Adventure Allies. Result: 7. Our ally is a Revenge seeker. Our patron is a temple official.

Adventure Introduction. Result: 12. A ghost appears and terrorizes a village. It can only be put to rest by entering the dungeon.

Actually, let's quick figure out what the deal is with our villain. Since the goal is Parley, we need to know more about him. *flip to Ch.4*

B3YzC82CcAAmqW_.jpg

B3Y5c-xCQAA9mI0.jpg

Evenglare

Adventurer
digging the subtract spell level init mod. thats..... awesome. I love casting times in games, and until now it's been one thing that D&D has been sorely lacking (at least in the core game). Love it.

gweinel

Explorer
I couldn't imagine that my pleading tweet to Mearls to include speed factor worked (I am not saying i was the sole reason of speed factor, but for sure i was a voice that eventually got heard)!!

A little thing that made my day :D

Remove ads

Remove ads