[UPDATED] The Archmage (aka Ed Greenwood) Returns to the Forgotten Realms

The Archmage? Is this some black metal band?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Game. Changer. DMSGuild just gets better and better. Can't wait for the Gygax kids to do greyhawk stuff and the creator of Eberron to publish his back catalogue. The future is bright!

So who's going to try and write some of these?

They can't. DMsG is FR only.

Irennan

Explorer
Well, i'll wait for the reviews. I am not that interestedin Ed's realms, from what I heard manyof my favorite parts are missing in his homebrew realms.

Ed may have build the sandbox, but then others came and build nicer castles in it than he did.

It's like discovering that Groening has ben privately writing his own Simpsons stories different from the ones that have been aired and that his version has no Flanders and Chief Wiggum

We don't know if Ed will pulish his own Realms. He may use the official timeline.

Does the DMguild even allow for divergent timelines (as in, say, pretending that the ToT never happened)?

Last edited by a moderator:

Henry

Autoexreginated
It's like discovering that Groening has ben privately writing his own Simpsons stories different from the ones that have been aired and that his version has no Flanders and Chief Wiggum

Considering that you don't necessarily need Flanders or Wiggum to tell a good Simpsons story, it would still be cool to see the creator's personal take on a non-collaborative effort, especially when the creator is a very entertaining storyteller in his own right. (Groening or Greenwood fit the bill here!)

JohnLynch

Explorer
Game. Changer. DMSGuild just gets better and better. Can't wait for the Gygax kids to do greyhawk stuff and the creator of Eberron to publish his back catalogue. The future is bright!

So who's going to try and write some of these?
One way or another I'll be putting up some stuff onto the DM's Guild. I am very excited about Ed producing more FR lore and the best part is, it won't be tweaked or cut down to meet the constraints of book size or the current meta plot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mirtek

Hero
Considering that you don't necessarily need Flanders or Wiggum to tell a good Simpsons story,
They don't need to be in every Episode, but if they're not part of an alternate timline that has evolved without them for 25 five years this current state would be so different from what we know as Simpsons, that it might just as well be a called different setting.

Coupling that with me personally not being so enamored with Ed's storytelling (to me Greenwood novels are always a chore to read through), I'll check it out if it's the official realms and pass it if it's his home realms

Remove ads

Remove ads