Urban Horror In A Corrupt City: A Setting & Adventure Path for 5E, Pathfinder, and S&W

Frog God Games has sent along an enormous ten-page preview of The Blight: Richard Pett's Crooked City. For D&D 5E, Pathfinder, and Swords & Wizardry, this book details a decadent and corrupt city. Richard Pett created Dungeon Magazine's The Styes, worked on Paizo's adventure paths, and originally created this city for Pathfinder. A Swords & Wizardry conversion followed, and now a 5E version is coming! This enormous 900-page book contains a poster map, a full guide to the city (with new classes, player options, races, and 13 city districts) plus an entire urban horror adventure path called Levee, "set within the rotten and degenerate urban confines of the city, where the PCs must scratch and claw their way to survival starting at 1st level and continuing through 9 adventures all the way to 10th level and above."

Frog God Games has sent along an enormous ten-page preview of The Blight: Richard Pett's Crooked City. For D&D 5E, Pathfinder, and Swords & Wizardry, this book details a decadent and corrupt city. Richard Pett created Dungeon Magazine's The Styes, worked on Paizo's adventure paths, and originally created this city for Pathfinder. A Swords & Wizardry conversion followed, and now a 5E version is coming! This enormous 900-page book contains a poster map, a full guide to the city (with new classes, player options, races, and 13 city districts) plus an entire urban horror adventure path called Levee, "set within the rotten and degenerate urban confines of the city, where the PCs must scratch and claw their way to survival starting at 1st level and continuing through 9 adventures all the way to 10th level and above."

Below is the D&D 5E version of the ten-page preview. When you've finished looking at that, head on over to the Kickstarter and back it! It has 13 days to go and is two-thirds funded. It's $50 for the PDF or $135 for the hardcover, but for that you get 900 pages of setting and adventure path, which is a big, big book - bigger than Monte Cook's Ptolus: City By The Spire, bigger than the War of the Burning Sky compiled adventure path, bigger than Hero System 5th Edition Revised, bigger than Tome of Horrors Complete and Rappan Athuk, bigger than Talislanta 4E, and nearly as big as The Slumbering Tsar (which edges it out at 937 pages).

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 12.14.58.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 12.15.48.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 12.16.38.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 12.17.05.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 12.17.50.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 12.18.25.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 12.19.09.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 12.19.44.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 12.20.09.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 12.20.46.png

Noctem

Explorer
You can adjust pledges in Kickstarter including completely zeroing it out after pledging. You have to adjust your pledge before the end of the Kickstarter though. Once it ends, the funds will be collected.

Yes. You can cancel your Kickstarter pledge at any time without penalty before the campaign ends.

Well that's neat. I'll do that for now then in the hopes that my small contribution means getting what I want.

techno

Explorer
The Frogs recommended that those who were only interested in a 5e hardback could pledge for the $50 5e PDF to show their support and then, if the $100K goal needed for a 5e print version clearly isn't going to be met, just cancel their pledge.

Noctem

Explorer
The Frogs recommended that those who were only interested in a 5e hardback could pledge for the $50 5e PDF to show their support and then, if the $100K goal needed for a 5e print version clearly isn't going to be met, just cancel their pledge.

Aye Aye capt'n!

JRedmond

Explorer
Guys you should pledge based on what you want. If everyone who wants a 5E book just doesn't pledge or only pledges for the PDF then the chances of hitting the 100K mark are a lot lower. You should pledge for the book and at the last day it doesn't look like it's going to make it then drop your pledge down. This is what I'm doing.

Desh-Rae-Halra

Explorer
Well that's neat. I'll do that for now then in the hopes that my small contribution means getting what I want.

Also: Just to clarify you can cancel your pledge any time before the KS ends, unless your total would make the difference between funding and not funding. So their goal is $75,000. If your $135 pledge put them just over the line (making the total $75065), then you can not cancel it. I know that is a remote situation, but thought I should bring it up.

Guys you should pledge based on what you want. If everyone who wants a 5E book just doesn't pledge or only pledges for the PDF then the chances of hitting the 100K mark are a lot lower. You should pledge for the book and at the last day it doesn't look like it's going to make it then drop your pledge down. This is what I'm doing.

Yeah I would encourage those that want 5E physical to pledge for a physical copy. Mark a reminder for yourself when the campaign is coming near a close. If it hasn't reached 100K click 'manage my pledge' and then cancel or swap to just PDF. As long as you can be disciplined enough to no miss the end of the KS, you will not be out of pocket. The only way that this will reach 100K is for people to back it like it's going to make it, IMO. I want the 5E version too!

FGG is a great little team, and as has been said above, have delivered in spades on all their KS. Endzeitgeist is a semi-pro reviewer of the PF world, and raves about their products. Check their products out at the Paizo website for reviews (also heres the large Paizo thread: http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2t4v4?-Richard-Petts-The-Blight-Kickstarter) The Blight has been so long in the making that it was pre 5E, written in PF because that is the authors system. But there are SW, PF and 5E FGG guys. I've just received my Borderlands Provinces PDF from the previous KS, in 5E, it's cracking.

So help us reach a 5E physical, pledge away - you can always change or cancel - and let FGG now there is 5E support for their great sandboxy dark and dangerous adventures & Settings :D

Also: Just to clarify you can cancel your pledge any time before the KS ends, unless your total would make the difference between funding and not funding. So their goal is $75,000. If your $135 pledge put them just over the line (making the total $75065), then you can not cancel it. I know that is a remote situation, but thought I should bring it up.

Are you sure that is correct? It is not my understanding of the pledge system.

Desh-Rae-Halra

Explorer
I do hope this campaign is successful.
I love Richard Pett's writing and style. I have simply become less enamored with Pathfinder and, for me; it's "over-crunch".
I'm liking the simpler rule system of 5E, and if they had made this for 13th Age it would be a no-brainer.
So I have this starred and will keep checking back on it. I'd love to support this product!

I think they will hit funding (they are 2/3rds there and have just under 2 weeks left). The question is can they make the $25k jump.

Also, I am very sure they can add new tiers, so having one for the PDF would be good, and another one that indicates this is for the 5E version, and if the 100k isnt made, the backer is responsible for cancelling beforehand or can choose the PF/S&W. They are saying that informally now, but I think a formal pledge tier would help as they could clearly count how many people are choosing that, where right now it is nebulous.

Also, we need to spread the word around about this project no matter which system you prefer.

Good Luck FGG

Desh-Rae-Halra

Explorer
Are you sure that is correct? It is not my understanding of the pledge system.

From the Kickstarter Terms of Service
"You can change or cancel your pledge at any time before the project’s funding deadline (with one exception). You can increase, decrease, or cancel your pledge at any time during the campaign, with one exception. During the last 24 hours of the campaign, you can’t decrease or cancel your pledge without contacting customer support first — if that action would drop the project below its funding goal. Once the project has been funded, you can only cancel or change your pledge by making special arrangements directly with the creator."

From the Kickstarter Terms of Service
"You can change or cancel your pledge at any time before the project’s funding deadline (with one exception). You can increase, decrease, or cancel your pledge at any time during the campaign, with one exception. During the last 24 hours of the campaign, you can’t decrease or cancel your pledge without contacting customer support first — if that action would drop the project below its funding goal. Once the project has been funded, you can only cancel or change your pledge by making special arrangements directly with the creator."
Thanks! That should really be in their FAQ. But as you say, unlikely to be the case.

Remove ads

Remove ads