• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Urban Horror In A Corrupt City: A Setting & Adventure Path for 5E, Pathfinder, and S&W

Frog God Games has sent along an enormous ten-page preview of The Blight: Richard Pett's Crooked City. For D&D 5E, Pathfinder, and Swords & Wizardry, this book details a decadent and corrupt city. Richard Pett created Dungeon Magazine's The Styes, worked on Paizo's adventure paths, and originally created this city for Pathfinder. A Swords & Wizardry conversion followed, and now a 5E version is coming! This enormous 900-page book contains a poster map, a full guide to the city (with new classes, player options, races, and 13 city districts) plus an entire urban horror adventure path called Levee, "set within the rotten and degenerate urban confines of the city, where the PCs must scratch and claw their way to survival starting at 1st level and continuing through 9 adventures all the way to 10th level and above."

Frog God Games has sent along an enormous ten-page preview of The Blight: Richard Pett's Crooked City. For D&D 5E, Pathfinder, and Swords & Wizardry, this book details a decadent and corrupt city. Richard Pett created Dungeon Magazine's The Styes, worked on Paizo's adventure paths, and originally created this city for Pathfinder. A Swords & Wizardry conversion followed, and now a 5E version is coming! This enormous 900-page book contains a poster map, a full guide to the city (with new classes, player options, races, and 13 city districts) plus an entire urban horror adventure path called Levee, "set within the rotten and degenerate urban confines of the city, where the PCs must scratch and claw their way to survival starting at 1st level and continuing through 9 adventures all the way to 10th level and above."

Below is the D&D 5E version of the ten-page preview. When you've finished looking at that, head on over to the Kickstarter and back it! It has 13 days to go and is two-thirds funded. It's $50 for the PDF or $135 for the hardcover, but for that you get 900 pages of setting and adventure path, which is a big, big book - bigger than Monte Cook's Ptolus: City By The Spire, bigger than the War of the Burning Sky compiled adventure path, bigger than Hero System 5th Edition Revised, bigger than Tome of Horrors Complete and Rappan Athuk, bigger than Talislanta 4E, and nearly as big as The Slumbering Tsar (which edges it out at 937 pages).

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 12.14.58.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 12.15.48.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 12.16.38.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 12.17.05.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 12.17.50.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 12.18.25.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 12.19.09.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 12.19.44.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 12.20.09.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-04 at 12.20.46.png

DonT

First Post
If we do reach the level for a Fifth Edition hardcover, will there be Fifth Edition leather and steel versions as well?

Desh-Rae-Halra

Explorer
Don,
Probably, because reaching the $100k stretch goal unlocks 5E for the book and all the separate adventures, (i asked about this because there were some add-ons I want as well) but no harm double checking by either posting a comment on the KS page or using the Contact Me feature.

Greg V

First Post
If we get to do a print of the 5e version, we'll do the steel and leather in it as well. Those are made based on the individual orders, so we'll find out how many of each has been ordered before binding them into the special covers. It definitely looks like a long shot at this point, but with over 2000 folks reading this thread it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility if people decide to jump on in a hurry here in these last few days.

I tried to post this from work on my cell the other day and apparently couldn't penetrate the OR's walls, and I haven't had a chance to check back in since. So I'll repeat it here even if a little late: Prymp is where I had always set the Styes in my home campaign back before it had been the "official" suggestion, and I always thought it worked really well. Now I'll be running The Blight in our Lost Lands setting of course, and I consider the Styes to be one of the unnamed neighborhoods of the Blight, but I think using Prymp as the location works very well (though with all of Castorhage attached to the Styes now, it's going to expand the size of Prymp by quite a bit and make it a much larger player in Relmor Bay). Rel Astra is also an interesting choice, though could be problematic as a fit depending on how much "From the Ashes" history you use in your GH campaign.

Greg
Frog God Games

qu0zl

First Post
I'm feeling pretty hopeful on the 5e print stretch-goal front. Less than 9k from funding with 7 days to go, and there's often a big bump in the last few days.

Hopefully anyway. 5e is a wonderful mix of modern and old-school renaissance. Frog God Games is a great fit for it IMO.

rich pett

First Post
FIVE DAYS TO GO CHUMS

We're just over $2K off funding, which puts us within good striking distance of the 5e we all hope to see, keep shouting and many thanks for your continued support!

The Blight just got a kickstarter Projects we Love notation - huzzah!

Rich

Luz

Explorer
I tried to post this from work on my cell the other day and apparently couldn't penetrate the OR's walls, and I haven't had a chance to check back in since. So I'll repeat it here even if a little late: Prymp is where I had always set the Styes in my home campaign back before it had been the "official" suggestion, and I always thought it worked really well. Now I'll be running The Blight in our Lost Lands setting of course, and I consider the Styes to be one of the unnamed neighborhoods of the Blight, but I think using Prymp as the location works very well (though with all of Castorhage attached to the Styes now, it's going to expand the size of Prymp by quite a bit and make it a much larger player in Relmor Bay). Rel Astra is also an interesting choice, though could be problematic as a fit depending on how much "From the Ashes" history you use in your GH campaign.

Greg
Frog God Games

Yes, I agree that Prymp is the better choice as well, although as you said, The Blight is a much bigger beast than the original Styes district. This is why I suggested Rel Astra. While not a perfect fit politically, it is a city-state that could accommodate Castorhage's size and could mesh well with some adjustments. Rauxes too, before it collapsed, was another consideration of mine. I think for many GMs playing in a campaign world outside of The Lost Lands setting, some compromises will probably be necessary. Not a big deal for me personally, I gladly welcome The Blight into my GH campaign. Well-written urban settings such as this are just too hard to pass up.

Cheers,

Trevor

qu0zl

First Post
And The Blight has just successfully funded, with 5 days to go. Plenty of time to reach the 5e print stretch goal :)

Fantastic! Seventy Five Thousand Dollars. You kind of have to think about it to realise how much money that is, kick-starters seem kind of un-real - just figures on a web-page, but that is a lot of people putting their money where their mouth is for Richard's work. Pretty cool.

Congratulations Richard.

Remove ads

Remove ads