urbancrawl random tables

VengerSatanis

High Priest of Kort'thalis Publishing
I'm creating random tables for city adventuring in my current project, Cha'alt: Fuchsia Malaise. It's an eldritch, gonzo, science-fantasy, and post-apocalyptic campaign setting. Besides the usual d100 table of random things/people encountered in a city, what would you like to see in there?

Thanks,

VS

aco175

Legend
I tend to need help with NPCs and the random shopkeepers. This is extra for a new setting or one with different features. If I'm being introduced to your new setting I would like to see a urchin who may be a member of the pickpocket guild and knows about the bad guy that controls the waterfront and is friends with the apprentice at the shop that scraps old constructs. Maybe a new race worker that own a food cart that serves something unique to the world. Something else might be a sergeant in the city guard who bullies around the squad that serve him. Maybe the PCs witness him extorting money from the local shops.

Just idly brainstorming:
  • Festivals, parades, etc.
  • Unusual customs (“Never smile at a vishtakk merchant, fool!”)
  • Weird architecture, possibly of short duration (“Wait, I swear that there was a golden spiral staircase in the plaza right here!”)
  • Political events (elections, speeches, scandals, assassinations, etc.)
  • Snow days (and other meteorological events)
  • Shortages
  • Gluts
  • Legal fiascos (passport office, shipping manifests lost, red tape galore)
  • Unexpected challenges (food poisoning, catching the demon flu, a plague of midges, etc.)
  • Evidence of the pre-apocalypse world
  • Magical calamities (But maybe not with the PCs... maybe the demonological institute is sucked into another dimension)
That’s a start. Would love to see what you come up with.

Remove ads