Urgent: "Catpeople"-Race needed!!!

The Cardinal

First Post
What good "cat people" races for D&D3.x are out there?
Especially races without racial hit dice, and with a Level Adjustment of +0 or +1???
In which book (or better: website) can they be found?

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
There is a Catfolk race (that's even what they're called) in Races of the Wild. I believe they're LA +1 with no HD.

Edit: Actually, they're in both Races of the Wild and the Miniatures Handbook.

Last edited:

The_Gneech

Explorer
How's this (it's a tweak of the elf writeup):

FELINE

Felines possess the following racial traits.

* +2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence. Felines are quick and agile, but their wild heritage doesn't provide much in the way of education.
* Medium size.
* A feline's base land speed is 30 feet.
* Leap: A feline's maximum jumping distance is not limited by their height. In addition, if they deliberately jump down they may treat the distance fallen as reduced by the distance of a running jump. (This is identical to the dervish's "leap of the clouds" ability.)
* Low-light vision.
* Claws: Felines gain Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat. If the feline is ever declawed, they lose the bonus feat.
* +2 racial bonus on Balance, Jump, and Move Silently.
* Automatic Languages: Common, Feline.
* Favored Class: Monk, rogue, or fighter. This choice must be made at 1st level.

-The Gneech :cool:

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
If the need is urgent, I got an idea:

Put your fingers behind your head, like ears, and punctuate your speech with meows.

Bonus points if you're an attractive girl at an anime convention. Negative points if you're a chubby man.

(or use Halflings and just make 'em fuzzy)

Voadam

Legend
Twin Crowns Campaign Setting has a cat folk race.

Complete Minions and various of the Oathbound Campaign setting ones have cat people called Frey and Wild Frey.

Everquest RPG PH has a cat race.

Arcana Evolved, Arcana Unearthed, and Path of the Sword has a lion race.

Mythic Races has some, a group of big cat people with different stats for whether they are tiger, leopard, cheetah, etc. There are also a werejaguar type race and maybe another cat or cat applicable one (I know they have an animal head planetouched race).

I think Mini's Handbook and Races of the Wild have a catfolk race, but I don't own those books.

The MM has natural weretigers and other cat lycanthropes, but they are higher LA than you want.

I'm sure there are others.

Remove ads