urgent in game now!

cappun

First Post
my druid just cast entangle in the courtyard of a castle. the area of effect (40' radius) would extend outside the castle walls. do you think that the spell would extend past the walls or would the walls block the magic from spreading?

JLXC

First Post
The walls should contain it and.... I guess there are LOTS of plants and such for this spell to work? A couple weeds and some short grass will NOT allow the spell to work.

sorry.

Fade

First Post
Entangle does not cause vegetation to grow, it just animates the existing stuff. So unless the courtyard is seriously overgrown the spell will have no effect.

Mean DM

Explorer
Fade said:
Entangle does not cause vegetation to grow, it just animates the existing stuff. So unless the courtyard is seriously overgrown the spell will have no effect.

For the record, the courtyard in question IMC was in a dilapidated castle. As a result, there were sufficient weeds/grass to animate . I respectfully disagree, however, that the area would have to be seriously overgrow to be effected. It was seriously overgrown in relation to a well kept courtyard, but only mildly overgrown in relation to say a field. 8+ inches of ground vegetation is all that would be needed IMO for a medium sized creature to be entangled.

Mean DM

Remove ads