• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Urn Your Pay (Rae judging)

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Cyian

Sitting back sulkly in his chair,cronie? Cyian folds his arms over his chest and pouts. This is not how it happens in the stories. They never tell anyone the truth about their quest. Wait a minute if that big guy finds out I was lying he may get mad. Did I just start the inn fight? Cyian takes a nervous glance at Corvin.

[sblock=ooc] Don't take Cyians actions for mine I'm enjoying myself tremendously. Keep it up guys great work. You to Mr. Quiet-serow. :) [/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Cyian said:
"...we are on a quest to rid the swamp of them."

Corvin, hearing this and believing it completely, breaks into a wide grin. It looks rather strange on his face, like a sock on a hand. "Well, now! Why didn't you say so! Give me a few hours, and I'll round up some of the boys and we'll come help you! Wait 'til I tell Meravia this! Ha! Oh, the swamps will run with blood now! By the way, do you mind telling me who hired you? It wasn't Meravia, was it? No, no, that doesn't make sense, she wouldn't have kept that from me. I bet it was the mayor of Orussus, wasn't it? Or maybe Fallon? They must have finally opened one of my letters before sending it back. Ah, this is wonderful news! When are we leaving?"

ooc: Not sure where you're going with this, Jerrand, but it looks like an interesting ride! :D

Trouvere

Explorer
"Och aye, naebody listen tae Gildrim," the dwarf mutters to himself. He turns and stomps out into the street, leaving Cyian alone.[sblock=Cyian]But his voice echoes in Cyian's head. "Ye've gane an' duin it noo, ye flap-mouthed tickle-brained fool. Ye've gane an' started a war. Weel, thaur's twa things ye can do. Firs'... aye, this is important, so Ah'll speak so Ah can be sure you understand me. First, ye remind him that lizards need the sun to move fast, so we're goin' in tomorrow night at sunset. Buy us some time. And second, ye're goin' tae start drinkin' with him. Drink, an' drink, an' drink, an' drink until he cannae remember his name, or anythin' he decided tonicht."[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
"Nope, sorry to disappoint you Corvin, the lad here's exageratin' again, prone to it as only the young 'ns are. Like my dwarf friend says we are on a mission to recover a burial Urn for a fellow who thinks it'll prove his lineage."

He turns to Cyian and waggles a finger in admonishment.

"Ye know we'd be no match for the lizard folk lad! And if we can talk our way out of trouble or avoid it entirely we will do so! Now ye've gone and gotten poor old Corvin here all riled up - and who can blame him? Truth is we've only had one real fight as a company and we were lucky to get away with all of our lives, we couldn't even catch their leader that fop Cloudsong."

He turns back to Corvin.

"I'm sorry Corvin, but we'd be of little use to ye in a fight against the lizards. Let me buy you a drink to apologize for young Cyian getting yer hopes up."

He hails Soren.

"Soren bring a pitcher if ye would!"

Turning back to Corvin he says, pulling out a gold piece and holding it up so it catches the light.

"I'd love to hear about the expedition though, Haskell told us you lead it - though thats all of his story I'm taking unsalted if you catch me drift!"

[Sblock=OOC]If Corvin seems responsive Erf will sit down after ordering the pitcher ohing and aring at his tale.[/Sblock]

serow

First Post
Ter-raen takes in all the enormous drama in silence. First of all, the man who said such a long grandmother's story looked like someone who was good at telling tales, and just that. Ter-raen is definitely much more inclined to believe the woman's occasion interruptions than his whole tale. Knew someone like him. Good talker. No action. But good stories. And Ter-raen's eyes open a bit, when he hears that
"...we are on a quest to rid the swamp of them."
Are we? Don't remember that! Ter-raen is about to speak up to object when he hears that the others have explained their situation more clearly. He looks at the young man for a moment, wondering why did he say that. Strange... young man have special mission to follow? Ter-raen can help if need. But then, the most magical words of -
"Soren bring a pitcher if ye would!"
- and suddenly, all is well with the world. "Bring three pitchers, we thirsty!" A nice big smile hangs on his lips.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry, it's been busy these few days, and might continue to be that way too for the next few. Posting from me will be slow.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Corvin looks back and forth between Erf and Cyian, suspicion beginning to cloud his face. "You're not going to clear out the lizardfolk? No, no of course you're not, how would you? You're not a division of veteran soldiers, you're just a kid and a dwarf and a gnome and a drunken savage. Why would you say a thing like that, then? Was this some kind of prank? Did you think this was funny? Is that why your dwarf friend left, he couldn't keep from laughing any longer? I've got half a mind to let you all sleep in the brig tonight and see if you can't get your stories straight in the morning."

At Erf and Cyian's expressions of dismay, he smiles nastily. "What's the matter, didn't know I was someone important in this town? Allow me to introduce myself a bit more fully. Corvin Tanabar, sheriff of Cragger's Reach and captain of the volunteer militia. Now, does someone want to tell me what's really going on here? And what's this about Cloudsong?"

[sblock=meta-ooc]Ok, so this isn't the first time in this adventure that your characters have seemed to be working at cross purposes, especially with regards to interacting with NPCs. I'm happy that you're all excited about roleplaying your characters, social warts and all, but I'm also aware that this is the sort of situation that has the potiential to cause OOC problems between players. We don't have the luxury of being face to face where I could see frustration or enjoyment on your faces, so I have to ask: is everyone okay with this pattern of character interaction? Is anyone uncomfortable? Feel free to email me with any thoughts you'd rather not write here. Thanks.[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
[Sblock=OOC]Just FYI covaithe, Erf certainly does not look dismayed - yet.[/Sblock]

"Well thats great! As for keeping our stories straight we've told you the truth the lads just exageratin' a little, 'n I'm sure exageratin' isn't a crime. Well if ye'r not on duty I'd still love to share a drink and a tale with ye. Look at it this way worse case scenario we don't kill any lizard folk, best case we do - not like we're goin' to make more of them anyway ye shake it."

Erf grins and waves Soren over again.

"As fer Cloudsong we met him on the road where he tried to rob us, or somesuch. We killed two of his men, flat dead least I'd have brought them to ye fer questioning 'n such, 'n him and another got away. I tried to follow Cloudsong with the big lads here," Erf gestures to Ter-raen and Fenenn, "but he cast some sorta spell that made him move fast as a scalded cat 'n was crafty enough to hide his trail. Young Cyian here blooded him good though, didn't ye lad!"

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Cyian

"Huh?" Cyian asks looking towards Erf.(Cyian had been watching the Sheriff (gulp) knowing that as his expersion changed that the inn fight was just about to start.)"Yeah I.. I cut him." Cyian says turning back to the Sheriff. Looking so meek that it's a wonder he could have hurt anyone.

[sblock=ooc] I hope noone is truly upset at the way I am playing Cyian. He is a young, naive, and sometimes an unwise (WIS 10) brat. He only has the songs and stories of adventure he learned to go on as a guide to what this life is like. And I believe he will learn that it isn't like the stories, wants that happens I know he'll be a better companion. Just please let me know if what I'm doing or have done is ruining your gme, for that is something I really don't want to do.[/sblock]

Remove ads