Urn Your Pay (Rae judging)

Trouvere

Explorer
"Weel, that was quick," Gildrim says, returning with an odd new companion, a gnome, following close behind. "Ah'll let him introduce himself in guid time. Fur noo, tak' a leuk at this map, seg callad." He hands the parchment over to the gnome.

"Weel, Maister Thorne," he continues, "Ah ken fine ye're a well-respectit merchand, sae ye'll unnerstaund aw aboot contracts an' sae on. Lat's git it doon in writin' afair ye leave: we'll gae tae th' Grellgo swamps, airt oot yer ancestral hame, an' cairy back this urn. Onythin' in th' hoose is yers; onythin' ense we micht fin' elsewhere is oors. Nae, whit dae we git fur oor trooble if we gang aw th' way thaur tae fin' th' hoose ur th' urn is missin', sae as ye learn th' valuable lesson that ye kin gie up yer dream ay bein' a coont?"[sblock=anyone who speaks Gnome]seg callad, distant cousin[/sblock]

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Oh I speak gnome

"Cousins??" Cyian looks at the newcomer and then the dwarf. Gildrim sees him staring and gives him a pointed look before he contiues. Cyian just sits quietly now knowing he could be replaced just as easy as that- if he's not quiet.

[sblock=thanks]Thanks will keep ooc hidin[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
"Wow I'm so happy ye speak Gnome, its binne while, too long! I wish I knew Dwarven, hmm, maybe I can pick it up!"

Erf clambers into a chair that dwarfs his tiny personage, with practiced ease, and his eyes flicker over the map alight with with interest. Giving a small satisfied nod he soon turns an incongorously large grin upon the company,

"Pleasure to meet ye all folks, here's hopin' I can be of service. I may be little, but my motto has always been speak nicely and ride a big dog! In any case I knows me way around in the wilderness and I can do a bitte healing and a few other helpful tricks 'specially in the woods. Oh, and doncha worry about me slowin' you down, I just ride me dog so we'll be good!"

He grins at everyone,

"Anyway, don't mind me I'll catch up do go on! I bet we're goin on a great quest and such right? I love you big guys, never dull, never dull!"

[Sblock=OOC]Hope its okay for me to jump in here Covaithe, just say the word and I'll delete this post. [/Sblock]

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
Jerrand Redband said:
"Cousins??" Cyian looks at the newcomer and then the dwarf. Gildrim sees him staring and gives him a pointed look before he contiues.
Cyian must have a guilty conscience, because Gildrim's in fact absorbed fingering the crispy ends of his beard anxiously. "Ay coorse ma beard's flourishin'. It's jest hud a wee accident ur two," he says to himself. "Eh, what's that, Cyian? Coosins? Aye, dwarves an' gnomes ur stone-kin, aw fowk ken that. An' jist coz a fella is a wee bit green in th' gizz is nae reason tae doobt it. Sae, ye kin speak Gnome tay, kin ye? Guid, guid."

"See, Ah seid Ah'd fin' a healer. Didnae tak' mair than fower breaths. Sae, Thorne, if ye're in a big hurry tae get back tae yer money-makin', ye kin draw up a contract noo, aw leave it tae yer halflin' adjutant."

serow

First Post
Ter-raen looks at the newcomer. Gnome healer. He suddenly has this realisation that both the new gnome and the dwarf talk an awful lot. But the gnome speaks clearer. He is quietly amused by this party.

"Welcome," he says to the gnome.

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]No problem, Halford; welcome.

As for sblocks for ooc, they're nice, but I won't make any kind of rule abou t it, since I'll probably be the first one to break it. :) As long as it's clear what's IC and what's OOC, I'm happy.[/sblock]

In response to Gildrim's question, Alvar nods thoughtfully. "A fair point. What I seek is knowledge, one way or the other. If you can say under the influence of truth magic that you've searched the area thoroughly and there is no house there, or that you've searched the house and there are no such urns or other documentation of interest to me, I'll pay the full reward. Will that suffice?"

Halford

First Post
"'Ello Cyian! Cor I'm glad ye both speak Gnome makes me feel right at home! Yep Dwarves and Gnomes are Cousins, though I think us Forest Gnomes are farther removed than most!"

Erf leans forward towards Cyian,

"So what do you do Cyian? Are you a warrior? Ye look like a warrior. I bet ye've had loads of adventures 'ey? Me and Fenenn been lookin' for a bitte adventure, but we've not had much luck. Still I bet we find all sorts of interesting stuff where we're headed, loads of dangerous stuff lives in swamps!"

The Gnomes eyes shine with anticipation as he rubs his hands together gleefully. Alvar's response to Gildrim catches Erf's keen ear and he turns his attention to the Dwarf, murmuring only,

Sounds grand te me.

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Alvar continues after a moment, "And by the way, what I'm interested in from the house is documentation. If there are other valuables in the house that go missing, I won't be too concerned -- within reason. I'm not one to muzzle the kine that treads the grain. Do try not to do any structural damage, though."

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Let's see if this attachment business works...

Attachments

• Map to Mordren Manor.jpg
    Map to Mordren Manor.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 280

Trouvere

Explorer
"Mair than generoos, mair than generoos," says Gildrim to Thorne. "Ah'll do ma best tae fin' th' hoose aw th' place whaur it stuid. Ye hae th' wuid ay a Steady Anvil."

Remove ads