User IDs switched around?

Asmor

First Post
Er, sorry to dissapoint you, but no. There's a clean-shaven ENWorld out there where nobody knows what an edition war is, and everyone posts together in joy and harmony.

Having traveled through every possible reality, I can assure you that such a thing does not and can not exist.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Or maybe...

You know, we just had that malware thing happen...

What if ENWorld was a brainwashed secret agent website, and it's existence as a harmless gaming website is just a cover? And now, it's secret side is beginning to assert itself; it stirs, like Jason Bourne or Douglas Quaid/Hauser.

darjr

I crit!
[MENTION=1154]Asmor[/MENTION], it's a bug. You have the distinction of having posted the first visitor message, at least by id. And that id is 1, it seems that some default gets used under certain situations.

Would you like it removed? I notice that the original was deleted.

Asmor

First Post
I didn't actually delete anything, so that's another bug...

Obviously the ones that aren't posted by me should be deleted. And the original message isn't really relevant any more, so I don't care what happens to it. I'm pretty free about giving out my email address, so I'm not worried about that.

Nagol

Unimportant
Why not change the content of message 1 so that the userid is a board personality (Morrus or darjr) and the text reads "The message didn't post correctly, try again" until the bug is found? That way people will realise what's happening and know it's known.

Big Mac

Explorer
[MENTION=1154]Asmor[/MENTION], it's a bug. You have the distinction of having posted the first visitor message, at least by id. And that id is 1, it seems that some default gets used under certain situations.

Would you like it removed? I notice that the original was deleted.

I just had the same thing happen to me. It seems to happen if you edit a visitor message. That message comes up instead of the edited one. Try it yourself to see if you can reproduce the problem.

I actually thought this was some sort of spammer attack, trying to get D&D fans to email them so they could harvest email addresses.

I now know it isn't, but it is a shame that this error is dumping someone's email address across ENWorld. When you solve this, it would be nice if it could be removed from people's walls.

Remove ads