D&D 5E Using Immortal Spheres with MTG Colors

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
A side project of mine is a setting with Immortals in OD&D.

Bringing the Spheres to the forefront of the campaign. Was considering how the MTG colors would map onto that concept. Maybe a MTG/Immortals are Planeswalkers thingy. Who knows?

So far;

Matter - Green
Energy - Red
Time(Space) - White
Thought - Blue
Entropy - Black

Now I think that works perfectly except for White. Your thoughts?

Maybe use color/pairs for the spheres instead of single colors?

Staffan

Legend
Red/Energy, Blue/Thought, and Black/Entropy are fairly easy pairings. I am not so sure about Green/Matter and White/Time though. In Magic, Time is more the domain of Blue, but Thought is already a better fit for that.

If I had to match them to one another, I'd probably go the other way, with White/Matter and Green/Time. White is primarily about order, and Green is about life and growth. But both those matches are pretty tenuous. But unless you are already heavily committed to Mystaran spheres, I'd probably just go with the colors. They are more evenly distributed, and have a lot more philosophy to work with. Also, Black isn't as eeevil as Mystaran Entropy is. Mystaran Entropy is AFAIK pretty much purely destructive, while Black has room for protagonists with some moral flexibility.

The Glen

Legend
It doesn't translate well. Entropy would be black, but thought and time are shared in magic and separate in Mystara. Matter is about stability, would be white except it doesn't care about mercy or other white related aspects. As they are schools of philosophy there is a lot of overlap in some subjects, but don't come close to covering all of a magic color.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Red/Energy, Blue/Thought, and Black/Entropy are fairly easy pairings. I am not so sure about Green/Matter and White/Time though. In Magic, Time is more the domain of Blue, but Thought is already a better fit for that.

If I had to match them to one another, I'd probably go the other way, with White/Matter and Green/Time. White is primarily about order, and Green is about life and growth. But both those matches are pretty tenuous. But unless you are already heavily committed to Mystaran spheres, I'd probably just go with the colors. They are more evenly distributed, and have a lot more philosophy to work with. Also, Black isn't as eeevil as Mystaran Entropy is. Mystaran Entropy is AFAIK pretty much purely destructive, while Black has room for protagonists with some moral flexibility.

That is true, could sub the colors for the spheres instead of aligning them.

Remove ads