Valindra Shadowmantle

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
So you're telling me that hundreds- nay, thousands!- of adventurers taking part in a massively multiplayer online world were unable to defeat this person? And she just bounces in to make a brief cameo in some random adventure in the next edition? Alas, I suppose such is the fate of all preciously published personas, themes, and setting materials . Should we begin speculation of her next appearance for 6th edition?

CapnZapp

Legend
So you're telling me that hundreds- nay, thousands!- of adventurers taking part in a massively multiplayer online world were unable to defeat this person? And she just bounces in to make a brief cameo in some random adventure in the next edition? Alas, I suppose such is the fate of all preciously published personas, themes, and setting materials . Should we begin speculation of her next appearance for 6th edition?
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Sent from my C6603 using EN World mobile app

She's a High Tier Dungeon boss. (Effectively a Raid in WoW but with 5 people) So 5 adventurers defeat her. The thing is she is a Lich so unless you smash the phylactery they don't die. And her phylactery is in Thay on the other side of the world were the game takes place so you have no way to smash it in the game. So death is a temporary setback for her.

Jacob Lewis

Ye Olde GM
[MENTION=6706188]MonsterEnvy[/MENTION] Oh, her survivability isn't in question. Liches, right?

I just meant to illustrate how her awesomeness in-game, both online and in the original Neverwinter campaign setting for 4th Edition, has gotten her an appearance as little more than an Easter egg. But work is work. Hope she was compensated adequately for her cameo! Or at the least, open more job opportunities!

Corpsetaker

First Post
He seems to be doing pretty well so far, and for the foreseeable future.

The sense of fun and humor he is bringing to the stories is pretty great.

I 100% disagree. Because of Perkins, I haven't purchased anything outside of the core three since 1985. I don't find his humour funny, nor do I find his stories interesting. The only product I want is the Lost Tales of Cornanthyr because his name is no where to be seen on the product.

I 100% disagree. Because of Perkins, I haven't purchased anything outside of the core three since 1985. I don't find his humour funny, nor do I find his stories interesting. The only product I want is the Lost Tales of Cornanthyr because his name is no where to be seen on the product.

Yeah cause you have no sense of humor and have an irrational hate of Chris Perkins.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Well, different strokes for different folks: I've had a blast with his books, and look forwards to more in the coming years.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter

Wow... I didn't realize Perkins had written every single product TSR and WotC had produced since midway through 1st edition! You may not like his writing, but you have to respect his tenacity! That's a crapton of books he's apparently written!

Remove ads