• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Vampire Bard

Balfore

Explorer
Seems like a good idea, with all the charms available.
Could take enchantment spells and 'roll and control' the battlefield.
Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Balfore

Explorer
PC, using the stats in the Magic: Zendikar pdf.
Our group always uses the same set of starting stats for every game

Balfore

Explorer
My only concern, would be the theme of using instruments...
Just doesn't fit the theme.
Maybe I can talk the DM into making the "instruments" into maybe jewelry of some sort

Gardens & Goblins

First Post
Maybe I can talk the DM into making the "instruments" into maybe jewelry of some sort

Perhaps their performance takes the form of encouraging and clever words.

How would jewelry pan out during combat? Inspiration through golden bling? Flash those dazzling diamonds? Hmm..

Not that I'm opposed to attempts to move the bard away from the 'magical performer'. I'd really like a monetary-based bard, that uses wealth and the promise of wealth to manipulate foes and allies.

Just because they can use instruments to replace the usual components, doesn't mean that they have to: Just use a normal component pouch instead.

Balfore

Explorer
As a vampire PC, wanting to mainly use charm/control effects, I see him just "looking" at someone instead of playing an instrument to keep up a thematic esthetic, no?

Balfore

Explorer
Perhaps their performance takes the form of encouraging and clever words.

How would jewelry pan out during combat? Inspiration through golden bling? Flash those dazzling diamonds? Hmm..

Not that I'm opposed to attempts to move the bard away from the 'magical performer'. I'd really like a monetary-based bard, that uses wealth and the promise of wealth to manipulate foes and allies.
The jewelry would just hold the spells.
Much like an amulet of the more powerful vampires

Gardens & Goblins

First Post
The jewelry would just hold the spells.
Much like an amulet of the more powerful vampires

Interesting. So 'ole vampy speaks his words of power / gesticulates in an arcane manner while holding/rubbing/interacting with his bling and BAM - spellcasting.

Run it as a spell focus and all is well in the world.

Another option would be a crystal goblet or glass of some kind that the vamp could make 'sing' by rubbing its fingers around the rim. Of course it's not filled with... ...wine.

Remove ads