• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Vampire Bard

Balfore

Explorer
Interesting. So 'ole vampy speaks his words of power / gesticulates in an arcane manner while holding/rubbing/interacting with his bling and BAM - spellcasting.

Run it as a spell focus and all is well in the world.

Another option would be a crystal goblet or glass of some kind that the vamp could make 'sing' by rubbing its fingers around the rim. Of course it's not filled with... ...wine.
I figured since the instruments are spell holding devices, just having an amulet ot "a sweet goblet" would practically be the same thing ;-)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

For me, I always imagine vampires as going the Cleric route. The Command spell, for insance, fits the vampric "Do as I say!" trope perfectly. The whole innate dealing with life and death fits well too. I'd probably write up a slight variation of Grave Domain, letting them sense living creatures instead of undead ones, and adding some charm spells.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads