D&D General Vampire native earth question

5ekyu

Hero
If you mean RAW, nope. But there are clearly a lot of ritual and lore beyond RAW.

As GM, I would make such be an elaborate ritual over time involving sacrifices to transform a new patch of desecrated ground into dirt that the vampire can use.

I might borrow the "for 30 days in a row" found in some spells and go with cultists, daily sacrifices of folks and doused with the vampire's own blood for a period from one new moon to another - perhaps only during a blue moon period - where two full moons fall on a calendar month.

Gives a decent period for PCs to come in in the middle and then try snd stop it.
Does anyone know a way to create, duplicate, multiply, or transmute earth into more, or a vampire's native earth?

What about legally owning the land (before you laugh consider the fact thay such things have cosmic signifficance in d&d and vampires have a weird relationship with owned locations) and then draining constitution from individuals numbering equal to the vampires max hit point total within the specified border or individuals having the same number of hit die as himself and numbering equal to his hit dice?

(This is extra attractive to dm's seeing as it actually makes it harder the more powerful the player is)

Still...i would prefer RAW and it reeeally seems like something that would have a RAW way to do it tucked away somewhere albeit obscure.

Also, what about genesis? There are 4 versions of it. Do you know which book the fabled arcane one that was never updated formally is located in? Ive heard about but never identified the locating of this. Do you know where it is and would u suppose i could influence it to create THAT "native earth" as a planar trait technically? And just take bags of holding filled with it out of there?

I thought it was just soil from the vampire’s homeland. Soil that was trod by the vampire when it was mortal.
Never specified.

Besides. A plane whos environment you control literally can produce more of a specific instance of X such as your native earth. The only thing im unclear on os if genesis can do it. I feel like it can but am not sure.

Also simply moving it from that location to a new one is an insane pain in the hind region. Hense why id rather know how to make more rather than relocate it. Unless thay can be done in vast quantities magically.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
But also travelling for this purpose all the time is a pain.
I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I feel like the process of it being a pain is the entire point of the limitation.

However, I will point out that if you have access to Genesis, you would also have access to Greater Teleport.

I will also point out there is no known effect of not having access to such native soil. Van Richten himself speculated that it was just a superstition that everyone, including vampires, believed.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I feel like the process of it being a pain is the entire point of the limitation.

However, I will point out that if you have access to Genesis, you would also have access to Greater Teleport.

I will also point out there is no known effect of not having access to such native soil. Van Richten himself speculated that it was just a superstition that everyone, including vampires, believed.
Genesis (if it works) is a better option for a number of reasons. Not least of which the "centered on you" clause. Its a fixed location, yes, but what most people miss is that its fixed to following you (some unspecified closeness but it actually is supposed to be near you). And greater teleport doesnt help you do planar travel. Its sort of unspecified how you get back into your demiplane from what i can see though.

Also, the native earth thing is actually in the statblock for vamps. I suppose if you strip it because its not one of the oldest parts of the vampire myth you may as well also strip the idea that they are undead as that is also not part of the oldest myths. The oldest myths say they are essentially wizards with secret knowledge of vital forces. But i dont think that would go over too well with many people, players or dms lol...

Remove ads