[Vampire: The Masqurade] A question for those players.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Enforcer, I'm curious, where was the big fight with/destruction of the Ravnos clan founder spoken of? This is the first I've ever heard of it, and if it took 3-4 Kuei-jin & a cabal of Technomancers to take 'im down, well, I wanna read about it!!!

Hand of Vecna said:
Enforcer, I'm curious, where was the big fight with/destruction of the Ravnos clan founder spoken of? This is the first I've ever heard of it, and if it took 3-4 Kuei-jin & a cabal of Technomancers to take 'im down, well, I wanna read about it!!!

If you want to read about it, your best bet is to check out the Appendix to the book "Time of Thin Blood." Anything you get on the net is going to be a summary of what's really a wonderfully written bit of fiction.

Enforcer

Explorer
mouseferatu said:

If you want to read about it, your best bet is to check out the Appendix to the book "Time of Thin Blood." Anything you get on the net is going to be a summary of what's really a wonderfully written bit of fiction.

I concur.

Isida KepTukari

First Post
Enforcer, do you know where there is a web page, or even the titles of some of the books that describe the 13 clans? The fact that the blood of the particular vampire clan emphasized certain characteristics of the people in their clan was another thing that really interested me.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Enforcer, do you know where there is a web page, or even the titles of some of the books that describe the 13 clans? The fact that the blood of the particular vampire clan emphasized certain characteristics of the people in their clan was another thing that really interested me.
Try here. ;)

Pale

First Post
Riekhan said:
Hold on, they made a V:tm TV series?! When did this happen? Was it any good?

It was alright for what it was. I have a rant that can be found here about how horribly pathetic the "Gangrel" Cash was in the series.... lap doggie to the prince... feh
WARNING: HARSH LANGUAGE

There are more than 13 clans of Vampires, there are just only 13 clans recognized by the Camarilla and I'm not even sure that they recognize that many anymore, ah well.

And really , they best place to look on the web for V:tM related stuff is at the WW site proper (I don't have the URL handy at the moment.)

Last edited:

Kesh

First Post
Riekhan said:
Hold on, they made a V:tm TV series?!

Yup. It was called Kindred: the Embraced.

When did this happen?

1996. It lasted one season before being cancelled.

Was it any good?

No. :D

Actually, it was decent. The trouble was, they screwed with WoD 'facts', such as making the Gangrel these urban bikers, Brujah were dressed in suits (something that was almost explained in the season finale), and everyone had Protean for changing into a wolf.

Plus, it just didn't feel right. It was produced by Aaron Spelling, and it really did feel more like 90210 vs. the Vampires. There was none of the horror, only a little political intrigue and too much sappy romance.

That being said, the actors were decent, and the locations were good. The makeup for the Nosferatu character was excellent. But overall, it just didn't feel like a Vampire: the Masquerade show.

Remove ads