Vanor vs Lyodin

Vanor

First Post
Vanor bows to the sash fighter

I'm sorry you didn't find this fight as much fun as you did in the one with Diamond... I will have to try harder next time to amuse you :D

In the spirit of fairness and honor (That and the fact that I won every round :eek: ) I will give back the two yen that Lyodin would have to give me to keep his rank. So in effect he keeps his yen and his rank. (I'm assuming this would be alowed.)

I will take West Wind, as my dojo style.

A question for the judge, don't I get a 2nd sig style besides Dragon? All the other green belts have 3 sig styles and 1 dojo style. If so in this case it would be Tiger, as that is the one I won with.

Last edited:

Sabaron

First Post
Dojo Style: When a fighter obtains the ability to have a new dojo style they must join a dojo, or be in a dojo structure already, to actually gain it (Except when there are no fighters of higher rank - in such a case a fighter may pick their own dojo style). Dojo styles are learned from a teacher (an honor fighter of a higher tier) and must be known by the teacher as a signature style (not as a dojo style). As long as the teacher's dojo structure has an honorable record (at least as many wins as losses) then the teacher is free to accept any student he or she wishes. If the teachers dojo structure (meaning the teacher and all under her or under her students) gains a dishonorable record then the teacher can accept no more students until the record is honorable. When a fighter gains new belt rank, a known dojo style automatically becomes a signature style and may be taught to another. If a dojo student wishes to switch dojos or join a new dojo before advancing a new tier they must declare their intention to do so before the start of their next fight and revoke their knowledge of the old dojo style. If they win their next fight they may join as normal and adopt the new style.

Here's why I was confused. I thought that it meant that it becomes the sig style that you gain. Apparently, because you are correct about the other green belts, you gain it independently of your sig style.

Yes, you gain Tiger, as well. :)

I see no reason that you cannot give him the yen back, as what's going to stop you? The Hand of God? :)

Vanor

First Post
You read it the same way I did back when the restart happend. I was confused about the 3 sig styles of the other green belts, but figured I just read it wrong.

I got very lucky with my moves this fight, and Thaiger got very unlucky with his, so I wouldn't want to see him lose either his last 2 yen or his rank.

-===---===---===-
Vanor Dragon of the west wind
Master of the Dragon of the west wind dojo Record 0-0
Green Belt 0, record 5-2, 2 Yen.
Sig Style Hamer, Dragon, Tiger. Dojo Style West Wind. Master of Emotions
Fist of fury, Chi Strike,
(Journyman Judge.)
-===---===---===-

Thaiger

First Post
Lyodin bows to the knightly judge and to Vanor while repocketing his yen.

"Thanks for the sound thrashing Vanor. Guess I had it coming to me. Oh well, till next time."

The flamboyant bantom strolls away singing an obsene ditty that causes mothers to cover their childrens' ears and old folks to huff with indignation.

Remove ads