VE's Shackled City Campaign

Nazhkandrias

First Post
Hmm, OK, in that case, I might be putting up a Human Paladin soon. I can't decide if I want to do Paladin of Freedom or a regular Paladin, so let me ask you a few questions...

Would you be OK with the Ranged Smite (Book Of Exalted Deeds) feat for a ranged Paladin of Freedom? Basically, it just lets you Smite Evil with a ranged weapon. You see, I was going to use a non-mounted Paladin of Freedom focusing on ranged, rather than melee, combat. All that means is a Greatbow, a substitution for the mount, and the Ranged Smite feat. Is this OK? If not, I can go with a more standard Paladin.

Valors_End

First Post
Nazhkandrias
Generally I try to avoid BoED; however, I’ll allow Ranged Smite. Remember it is an Exalted feat; step out of line (in character) even a little, and it’ll go poof.

Trading Mount for Exotic Weapon Prof (Greatbow)? Okay.

Nazhkandrias

First Post
Ah, thanks! In that case, I'm going for the Paladin of Freedom. He's mostly done, I'll have him up soon.

Don't worry about the poofing of the feats, trust me, he's pretty straight-arrow Chaotic Good - he'll be a good l'il Holy Warrior! ;)

And I didn't necessarily mean trading the mount for proficiency with the Greatbow, but since you're cool with it, I'll use that if I don't find anything that suits my character better.

Insight

Adventurer
HANTRA TANARA, FEMALE HUMAN PSION (TELEPATH) 1

[sblock=stats etc]HANTRA TANARA[ECL 1] 0/1,000xp
Human Psion (Telepath) 1
Lawful Neutral

Init +2; Senses Listen +3, Spot +3
Languages Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Sylvan.
AC 12, Touch 12, FF 10 (+2 Dex).
HP 6
Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +3
Spd 30ft
Melee Unarmed Strike (+1 atk, 1d3+1 dmg, nonproficient, provokes AoO)
Ranged Ranged Touch Attack (+2 atk)
Space 5ft; Reach 5ft
Base Attack +0; Grapple +1
Power Points/Day: 4
Manifester Level: 1st
Powers Known:
1 – Charm (Psionic), Empathy, Mindlink, Mind Thrust, and Telempathic Projection. Base SDC 15/16.
Ability Scores Str 12, Dex 14, Con 15, Int 18, Wis 13, Cha 16
Feats Alertness (from psicrystal), Inquisitor, Psicrystal Affinity (Sympathetic; +3 to Sense Motive), Psionic Endowment
Skills Bluff (4) +7, Concentration (4) +6, Diplomacy (4) +7, Gather Information (4) +7, Knowledge (Nobility & Royalty) (4) +8, Knowledge (Psionics) (2) +6, Psicraft (2) +6, Sense Motive (4) +8.

Gear:
TBA

Wealth: 120gp

Concept: A noble member of house Tanara who, along with her sister, Ariel, routinely sneak out into the unwashed depths of Cauldron to seek adventure.
Appearance: Girded in fineries befitting a member of the landed aristocracy: deep greens, vibrant purples, and bright whites. Wears a fine robe, a glimmering overcoat, and fine jewelry. Carries no weapons and doesn’t wear armor. 5’9”, 130lbs, green eyes, and long, black hair.

Background in Brief: TBA[/sblock]

Some of these items are still in progress. Let me know if there are any issues with what I have thus far.

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Simon

[sblock=Here is what I have so far, background coming]Name: Simon
Race: Human
Class/Level: Factotum 1
Exp:

Strength (STR) 14
Dexterity (DEX) 16
Constitution (CON) 15
Intelligence (INT) 18
Wisdom (WIS) 13
Charisma (CHA) 12

Alignment: CG
AC: 17
Hit Points: 10
Movement: 30' Light load 56lb of gear

Init: +3
Base Attack Bonus: +0
Melee Attack: +2 Scimitar, 1d6+3, 18-20 x2
Ranged Attack: +3 Comp longbow, 1d8; +1 to att/dam if within 30’
Fort: +2
Reflex: +5
Will: +1

Race Abilities
+1 skill point per level(x4 at first level)
Bonus feat at first level

Class Abilities:
Inspiration points: 3
Cunning insight: Spend one inspiration point to gain a compentence bonus on an attack, damage, or save equal to your intelligence bonus.
Cunning knowledge: When using a skill in which you have at least one rank you can spend one inspiration point to gain a bonus equal to you factotum level. You can use this ability once per skill per day.

Skills: 44
Concentration +6 (4 ranks + 2 con)
Disable Device +8 (4 ranks +4 int)
Hide +5 (4 ranks +3 dex -2 ACP)
Knowledge: Arcana +8 (4 ranks + 4 int)
Knowledge: Religion +8 (4 ranks + 4 int)
Knowledge: Local +8 (4 ranks + 4 int)
Move silently +5 (4 ranks +3 dex -2 ACP)
Open lock +7 (4 ranks +3 dex)
Search +8 (4 ranks + 4 int)
Spellcraft +8 (4 ranks + 4 int)
Spot +5 (4 ranks + 1 wis)

Feats
Bonus Human: Font of Inspiration
1: Point blank shot

Languages - Common, Elven, Dwarven, Goblin, Celestial

Chain shirt, 25 lb
Dagger, 1lb
Longbow, Composite 3lb
Scimitar, 4lb
Backpack, 2lb
Bedroll, 5lb
Belt pouchx2, 1lb
Soap, 1lb
Waterskin, 4lb
2 Sunrods, 4 lb
Arrows(40), 6lb

15gp
4sp
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Valors_End

First Post
[sblock=Fixed]Creamsteak / Grimmjack
Character Sheet
-2 Armor Check Penalty on Balance, Climb, Hide, and Tumble

Drothgery /Ariel
Character Sheet
Stone Bones
-2 Armor Check Penalty on Balance and Tumble

Ranged thrown dagger +4
Shouldn’t this be +3 (+1BAB +2 Dex mod)?

Background
Nobility carries several advantages in Cauldron. Therefore, Ariel’s family will need to be lesser nobles that have no recognized authority or special privileges in Cauldron; or they could, in fact, just be extremely wealthy merchants that are nobles in all but title, etc.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Hantra's ties to other characters:

Ariel Tanara (sister) - Obvious. Although drothgery is right about the likelihood that Hantra and Ariel are not sewn together at the hip. The sisters would likely have spent a lot of time together prior to when Ariel left to join Dame Iren. They would still share a connection, but have probably recently become re-acquainted.

ethandrew's gnome illusionist - Not sure, although, being one of the most intelligent folks in the city, its likely the gnome might share some interests with Hantra. She is pretty outgoing after all, and not at all shy about mixing with various races and social strata.

Eladra - Hantra has gone and learned Sylvan and has more than a passing interest in the fey. It's very possible that Hantra and Eladra, if they had crossed paths, would have become friends. I think they have some similar interests.

Grimmjack - Not sure. Most likely via Ariel, or not at all. It doesn't sound like Grimmjack and Hantra would have crossed paths.

Thorn - As a wizard, it's likely Thorn would have run across the nobility and thus, Hantra, though it's possible Thorn and Hantra may have met while pursuing other mutual intellectual interests.

Delkat - Pretty much as Thorn. The priesthood and the nobility are likely to have their ties, and thus a possible way Delkat and Hantra could have met.

Not sure about any other characters at this point.

Valors_End

First Post
[sblock=Fixed]stonegod/ Eladra
Before I start looking at the skills:
If 18, 16, 15, 14, 13, and 12 are the ability scores (before racial adjustments);
And Str 11(13-2), Dex 16, Con 15, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 20(18+2) are after adjustments.

Then shouldn’t this, Wis 10, be 12?

JH / Girl
The Character Sheet looks okay aside from the -2 AC penalty not being applied. The background is um…unusual.

Shayuri / Thorn
What page/source discusses replacing Scribe Scroll with Augment Summoning. (I’m assuming this is what was done.)

Hail of Stones is in the Spell Compendium, right? Yep. Yeah, it’ll be okay.

s@squ@tch / Delkat
Everything seems okay.

stonegod / revised Eladra
I’ll check it tomorrow.

Insight / Hantra
Unless I’m reading it wrong, you should only have three powers known. (high Int mod boosts pp not powers known)

EvolutionKB / Simon
Check encumbrance for carrying a medium load.
Do you mind if I limit Font of Inspiration, so that it can only be taken 3 times?[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Valors_End said:
stonegod/ Eladra
Before I start looking at the skills:
If 18, 16, 15, 14, 13, and 12 are the ability scores (before racial adjustments);
And Str 11(13-2), Dex 16, Con 15, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 20(18+2) are after adjustments.
Yes, indeed. I wrote down 10 instead of 12. Fixed.

And as I pointed out, the skill/feat/invocation choices are pending final party composition (don't want too much redundancy). But her differentness remains.

Thanks.

Remove ads