D&D 4E Veteran, balanced group gives 4E a whirl

Danzauker

Adventurer
Really nice write up.

As a side note, I'm not bothered at all about "gamist speex" in my games.

First, It's ALWAYS been done, since I play, in a way or the other.

Second, I can well expect for seasoned adventurers to develop a "field jargon" in order to be more effective. Real life soldiers do it all the time, so I expect our fantasy equivalents to do the same.

For lack of a better term we always used to call "minions" as "gnags", or maybe "red shirts". I think "brutes" or "artillery" isn't that out of flavour, after all.

P.S.

Where's that "Retourn of the Burning Plague" it's been talked of? I'd really like to give it a try. ;)

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Rules nitpick: for area attacks, you make a seperate attack role for each target in area. (I think to avoid a TPK on a 20).

leifthelucky

First Post
fnwc said:
Nice write up. When June comes around, does your group plan on sticking with 3.0/3.5 or moving on to 4th?

I was planning on moving to 4E in June, but I wanted to wait for our playtest before preordering. We enjoyed it, the at will powers were fun, and if it turns out we don't like it after all, we still have all of our 3.5 stuff - it's not like we can't go back.

Danzauker

Adventurer
Thank you very much. :D:D:D

Burning Plague was the very first 3e adventure I ran and I'm quite attached to it!!

I remember that I misinterpretated some of the rules and the ferret outright killed a PC on the first run. :p:p

Remove ads