• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vigwyn's 'A New Beginning...' [IC]

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Well enough."

Edgar eats his meal slowly, cutting it into very small portions and wishing there was a bit more to go around. He generally keeps quiet until he's done, and drinks the water in a single guzzle after all the food is gone.

After his partner is finished he'll continue saying, "Well then, are we ready to go?"

industrygothica

Adventurer
Gallo slides a shot over to Edgar. "Bound to be a cold night, best to warm your blood before we go," he says. He takes down his shot in a gulp, and nods to the two men on the other side of the room.

"Ol' bugger's bleeding him dry for information, and the half-witted goon doesn't even realize it, I think," he whispers. "So where to from here, anyway?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
"First thing, I intend to get the lay of the land and maybe scout around the town for a bit. Maybe something will turn up."

Edgar will head over to check the farmer's 'posted message' after the meal is finished and read it over to see if there's anything interesting.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Edgar and Gallo work on their drinks and meals.

Meanwhile, near the fireplace, the watch officer and the bearded man have a drink or two of their own and finish their conversation. The bearded man pays, and the two leave, the watch officer giving a last glance at the elf before exiting.

After finishing his meal, Edgar strolls over to the handbill board and takes a look at the farmer's post. It reads:

Farmer Ralls seeks help with infestation.
Large aggressive bees begun menacing my cows.
Too old to take care of problem on own.
Need someone to seek out source and end problem. Fee negotiable.
Meet me next Market Day, or visit Ralls farm to east.

Esmerelda returns to the table, and begins to clear the dishes. "I trust the food met with your approval, master elf. Will you and your friend be paying separately, or together?"

~8:30 p.m.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Vigwyn the Unruly said:
Esmerelda returns to the table, and begins to clear the dishes. "I trust the food met with your approval, master elf. Will you and your friend be paying separately, or together?"

"It was exquisite, my dear," Gallo lies as he fishes in his pouch for a few coins. "I've got the tab this time."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Large bees? Yuck. That is definitely not a good problem to be having. I've heard wives tales about bees that can impale a man with their stinger, and the venom causes the head to explode."

Turning back to Gallo, "Thanks for paying. I was afraid I'd have to ask the lady to make change. With that out of the way, you ready for a stroll?"

Edgar grabs his quiver and throws it over his shoulder. "You can never be too careful after dark."

Creamsteak

Explorer
I guess we leave, and as kinda explained, I just want to know what the town were currently in is like, and maybe patrol the outskirts of it.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Edgar and Gallo pay up and leave the dining room. The doorbell tinkles behind you as you walk out into the chilly darkness of the evening. Before you lies the main square, dominated by the ruin of an ancient fountain. The cobbled square is bisected to the north and south by the main road. Facing the square are storefronts and homes of various sizes. The square is eerily empty for this time of the night, but given the cold wind and drizzle whipping through the streets, this is no real surprise. As you begin to make your way toward the outskirts of the town, delineated by the wooden palisade wall, Gallo's keen elven eyes notice a strange flickering light and movement through the main window of Brolinar's Bookstore, one of the small shops lining the square. A second look reveals that the front door has been broken from its lock and now stands slightly ajar. A cursory glance through the dirty window makes it clear that the light is probably coming from a hand-held lamp, and appears to be emanating from a back room.

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Well look at that," Gallo says. "Someone's broken into the bookstore. Of course it'd happen now; surely they'll blame me for it, this place loving elves the way they do."

Remove ads