Vigwyn's 'A New Beginning...' [IC]

Creamsteak

Explorer
"If you really feel like it, sure, I'll go talk. There's not much important to know beyond what we said. Now, if you want me to find out what's going on it'd probably be better to just let me and Gallo follow the trail while it's still there. I'm a little curious myself what's going on. You're call, boss."

industrygothica

Adventurer
Gallo doesn't speak, but simply waits for Aget's response. As if driven by some unseen force of which there is no use in fighting, Gallo can't help but toss another wink Tinnel's way.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Tinnel can barely contain his fury at Gallo's impertinent manner.

Aget carefully studies you for a moment. He then begins to explain how there is no way, with Brolinar's almost burnt to the ground, what looks to be an attempted murder, etc., etc., that he can let you go. As he speaks he casually walks around behind Tinnel. He then begins to go on about how he is already being more generous than he should by offering to take you to the sheriff instead of to the jail, yada-yada. As he talks, you notice him slipping a sap from his belt. Suddenly, he wacks Tinnel as hard as he can in the back of the head with the sap, and Tinnel drops like a ton of bricks, out cold.

Aget looks up at you, "I'll tell everyone that you overpowered us and got away. Go now, I can't buy you much time. When our back up arrives, they won't waste any time hunting you down."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"You're wise beyond your years Aget. I hope he's alright. I'll be out of here in no time."

Motioning to Gallo to follow, "Let's hope Gilgrom's close and those idiots left us an easy trail." After the pair are out the back exit, Edgar will whistle as loud as he can in the hopes that his horse (and animal companion) hears the command and comes running. During the brief wait, Edgar will attempt to track...

Survival check for tracking. (1d20+12=29)

If the horse arrives swiftly, Edgar will cast longstrider sharing it with his mount (since it's useless to him personally) and begin following the trail at his best speed. If there's no sign of the trail/edgar fails, he'll instead try to elude the watch and get somewhere outside town or at least out of the way.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Gallo stand motionless in a wide-eyed surprise until Edgar prods him to come along. He backs out of the room slowly, still confused. "I know not what you're getting at, but I hope your intent is not to betray us. I'll not hang for this."

He regains his faculties and quickly follows Edgar out into the streets.

[sblock=ooc]I never stated that Gallo had a horse, so I guess he's walking. I hope Edgar rides slow.[/sblock]

Creamsteak

Explorer
(I'm not sure which speed applies, the rangers or the mounts, but eitherway it's 1/2 while tracking so you'll be, at worst, 5 ft. slower per round if it uses the horse speed.)

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Edgar is easily able to track the bloody trail. Edgar and Gallo follow the trail out the north gate of New port and along the main road for a short way. The trail then splits off down a little-used path to the right. This path winds around and behind a low hill, where an old homestead is hidden from view. The trail finally approaches the homestead from the east.

The small building is quite dilapidated, and is surrounded by a low wooden fence that has fallen down in several places. There are windows on all sides of the one-story house, but most of them have broken panes. Stone steps lead up to a wooden front door that is completely broken from the frame and lays sprawled in the doorway. Darkness yawns from the apparently abandoned building.

[sblock=OOC]Reminder: Let's try to keep OOC-only posts in the OOC thread. Thanks.[/sblock]

Attachments

• House.jpg
    House.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 64

industrygothica

Adventurer
Gallo traces an arcane symbol in the air and approaches the shack slowly, creeping up along side and and peering into one of the broken windows.

[sblock=ooc]Readying magic missile. He'll loose the spell under any threat of danger, assuming he can see the source.[/sblock]

Remove ads