[Vile] Puppy Kicking PCs at Work

Serpenteye

First Post
Telsar said:
[OOC Alicia’s bag has 300 gold and 500 silver pieces in it. Total value 350 gp, she cheated you a bit, from what she said she’d pay :) But it’s still a big bag full of shiny coins]

ooc: That's what I get for playing a monster, :)

Telsar said:
Madame Brie smiles at Alicia, obviously glad she likes her coins. “No, dear, the problem is a man owes me money. If you killed him, he couldn’t pay me.”

Alicia frowns, not quite understanding her mistress. "Someone always need to be killed."

T'aria picks up the bag of gold and distributes it accordingly, even (grudgingly) giving a share to the dwarf. She also quietly questions Lydia if the blonde that had been with her deserves a share, and will dole out a share for her as well should Lydia state so. She does not give Alicia a share.

Listening the the conversation, she finally joins in. "Why don't we make a name for ourselves here?" She brushes her hair back over her shoulder and stashes her share of the monies in her cloak. "Truly, if the guard were intent upon arresting us, they would have done so already. They already think that there is a new power group trying to make a name for themselves... let us take that mantel up." T'aria leans against the wall and blatally ignores Brie's stated desire that they leave.

[OOC: that would make 8 of us getting shares of 5,000 gp, at 625 gp per share (feel free to argue with my math).]

Last edited:

Cepter

First Post
Sunedilar al Hazir, Human/Male Fighter

"And if we are to 'take up the mantel', as you say, what do you imagine that entails? Taking over the underworld? Ruling behind the throne, or upon it? It has merit, but it would require something more than a thrown together plan, and I doubt the guard is going to let us make moves unwatched anymore."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Aligor Thunderaxe Male Dwarf Fighter/Barbarian

Cepter said:
"And if we are to 'take up the mantel', as you say, what do you imagine that entails? Taking over the underworld? Ruling behind the throne, or upon it? It has merit, but it would require something more than a thrown together plan, and I doubt the guard is going to let us make moves unwatched anymore."
Turning to Bane, Aligor pulls out a fresh piece of the hound archon, and throws the scrap to him. Bane sniffs it and then begins chewing on it. Satisfied, Aligor turns to Sunedilar and asks, "So who here makes the decisions? We can lay low in town, and see if things get cleared up by themselves, or run fer the hills. Makes do difference to me. Bane here wants to git some sleep. I think we should lay low fer a few hours, and then desice what to do. Meet me at Boone's place tomorrow an hour before high noon. If that's ok with you all..."

He waits to hear their answer.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I believe we'll be off now, Madame Brie. One of us will be back in a day or so, diguised so as to not draw attention," Lydia says, then turns to the others. "Let's go, the less time the watch has to get organized, the better. And at this moment, ruins sound like a far prospect for a good night's sleep than the best inn."

Telsar

First Post
Before the party leaves, Madame Brie says to Lydia, “Wait just one moment, I want to have a word with Alicia.” She takes the half-ogre aside, and says “Now, Alicia. It just occurred to me… while that man over there”, pointing to Gwyn, “was out killing people he shouldn’t, you were with him. Which means the authorities might want to talk to you about it, and might come here to look for you, and we don’t need that. So whatever this party decides to do, I think it’s best if you go with them, just for a little while. Until the nasty guards don’t care any more. You need to do this for me, Alicia.” Brie pats the half-ogre’s knee, since that’s about all she can reach with the four to one size difference.

[OOC I’m assuming Alicia agrees to go. If not, I’ll edit]

As Brie talks with Alicia, a number of the girls come down, including Loni and Valasia, carrying buckets, mops, sacks, and other cleaning supplies. No one really looks anxious to get started. Loni looks around, first to Accalon and then to the group, and says “I guess you’d want to know; that girl that was tied up, Felari was her name, right? She wasn’t very happy when I let her go, although she was calm. She left by the back door, I think.” Valasia, looking ashamed towards Brie, is the first to start picking up bits of leftover archon and putting them in a sack.

Brie says to the party, “You need to take Alicia with you. Better to not have any witnesses to whatever crap you pulled tonight staying here. You can bring her back a bit later. I’ll check with the one who owes me, and if he’s got a good job for you, you can bring her back after that. I’ll know by tomorrow, so I’ll tell you then.“ Turning back to Alicia a final time, she says, “Don’t let them get you in too much trouble. If you get really hurt, don’t be afraid to run away and come back here.”

The party, for the most part at least, leaves Brie’s to a bright sunny morning, although Loni looks to Accalon to see what his plans are.

[Everyone at this point is free to do their own thing, or make plans, or whatever each PC wants to do. BTW, I wasn’t 100% sure if ‘ruins sound like a far prospect for a good night's sleep than the best inn’ meant you were wanting to head for the ruins or the inn. But the ruins location Aligor has a map to is 5 days travel away.]

T'aria steps outside and draws her cloak close around her. Great, she's sending the monster with us. She sighs. I hurt, and am ssooo tired.

"Gwyn - I'm heading back to my Inn. I don't think that the guards will come after us right away," Or at all... "and I need some rest, not to be traipsing through the wood. Let me know where to meet you. Accalon." She turns to him. "You're lucky. I got you a room. Whether or not you want to stay there is your business." She shrugs and heads off after hearing their replies.

Good thing Brie forgot I had this platinum.... She chuckles to herself.

[OOC: She will be trying her damnest to remain unnoticed until she gets into her room (Hide, Move Silent checks). No sense leading the guard there.]

Serpenteye

First Post
Telsar said:
“Now, Alicia. It just occurred to me… while that man over there”, pointing to Gwyn, “was out killing people he shouldn’t, you were with him. Which means the authorities might want to talk to you about it, and might come here to look for you, and we don’t need that. So whatever this party decides to do, I think it’s best if you go with them, just for a little while. Until the nasty guards don’t care any more. You need to do this for me, Alicia.” Brie pats the half-ogre’s knee, since that’s about all she can reach with the four to one size difference.

Alicia looks at the goblin sadly.

Telsar said:
Brie says to the party, “You need to take Alicia with you. Better to not have any witnesses to whatever crap you pulled tonight staying here. You can bring her back a bit later. I’ll check with the one who owes me, and if he’s got a good job for you, you can bring her back after that. I’ll know by tomorrow, so I’ll tell you then.“ Turning back to Alicia a final time, she says, “Don’t let them get you in too much trouble. If you get really hurt, don’t be afraid to run away and come back here.”

She reaches down and hugs Brie gently once again, unable to express herself in words. Brie had saved her life, had given her a home and a purpose. She had accepted Alicia for who and what she was and treated her with kindness and respect. And now she sent her away...
A lone tear trails trough the dust and blood on her face, then she turns away and walks out the door. She turns again outside the building, making brief eye-contact with a couple of the girls. With a nod and a sad smile she says farewell. And then she is gone, alone amongst strangers.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Accalon Darcanda: Human/Male (Unholy Warrior)

Accalon had been sitting quietly to his companions talk since Valasia had departed rather unexpectedly. His green eyes darken as he listens to their words, but he does little other than mutter about their own stupidity.

His eyes drop longingly and sadly upon Loni as she scrubs the floor but he ignores her for the moment as he moves to the goblins side, “I should depart also… It appears I’m guilty by association with the rest of them, but it appears you may have need for me… Valasia too for that matter.”

Cepter

First Post
Sunedilar al Hazir, Human/Male Fighter

"I agree with Lydia, to a point. An Inn is going to be the first place the guard looks for us, once they find that we are not at Madame Brie's. If we must stay in the city, perhaps the church would make as good a hiding palce for us as it did for the dog. From there, we can slip away."

Remove ads