[Vile] Puppy Kicking PCs at Work

Telsar

First Post
Everyone is feeling exceedingly tired, after the combat and being up all night. T’aria and Aligor both choose, perhaps wisely, to go get some rest, the half-demon to her room at the Warrior’s Helm, the dwarf to the old storage building of his friend/employer Boone, where he resides. Both manage to get to their beds with no sign of anyone following them. Sunedilar, meanwhile, decides to seek rest at the old church they’ve mentioned being on Gorgon’s Way.

[OOC Everyone is effectively fatigued right now (-2 Strength and Dexterity) until they get at least a few hours rest. I’m not 100% clear on what everyone is doing, besides who I mentioned, so please speak up. Sunedilar can find the church, even if no one who went there before (Gwyn, T’aria, Alicia) shows him the way]

[I really had no idea what Accalon meant by ‘you may have need for me’, except for the job she’s trying to line up, and even less idea what ‘Valasia too for that matter’ meant. Brie is just as confused as the DM, rolling a 2 on an Intelligence roll, leading to the following…]

Madame Brie looks startled at Accalon, saying “Have need for Valasia? What are you driving at? Oh… I see, you’ve figured it out.” She walks a bit away with Accalon, out of earshot of the girls. “Yes, it is her father who owes me the money. He… did something that cost me a lot to fix, and she’s my insurance that I’ll eventually see my money back.” She waves her wand in front of Accalons face, saying “Charm spells can be a useful thing, you know, not just to lead girls away from my place but also to keep one here. But now this stupid guard will be poking his nose in, and I’ll need to get Lord Vandior to pay me before everything gets exposed anyway. I have to go see him; best do it now before the city guard starts trying to trail me. Ha! Like they could.”

She adds, “You should probably get out of here, before the guards come back. But I know you’ll be back. Don’t think I haven’t noticed the oh-so-sweet loving stares you and Loni have been giving each other. She’s just playing you, you know, but as long as you’re aware your love will cost you by the hour, then I couldn’t care less.” She yells to the girls, “I’ll be back in a few hours. I don’t want to have to step in any more slestial guts when I get back!” With that, she turns to leave.

Sunedilar (and anyone else who decides to head for the burned-out church) realizes he can’t easily approach the place, as he sees a number of city guards in the street, examining a couple of dead, yellow-furred dogs. There seems to be even more guards farther down the street, in front of one of the nice residential buildings of this neighborhood. There’s perhaps two dozen other people milling about, presumably local inhabitants, watching the guards and gossiping among themselves.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Gwyn will have accompanied Sunedilar; seeing the mass of guards and townsfolk, he mutters "We'd best not attract attention," slipping off into an alley and working his way towards the outskirts of the town.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Look, I'm just going to take my gear, get my horse, and get out of town. If someone would kindly give me directions, then I'm going to find someplace to sequester myself for the night, and then continue to the ruins in the morning. I don't think that hiding in the city will avail us much," Lydia mutters. And unless anyone objects, she's going to take the majority, if not all of that 3,500 gold for herself...

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Accalon Darcanda: Human/Male (Unholy Warrior)

Accalon simply nods at Brie having decided that she simply talks too much and that it would be unwise to say anything more to her.

He quickly turns as he hears the voice of the raven haired cleric, his own voice mirrors her impatience, “Sounds good, I’m with you. Neither you are I are guilty of anything but association with the rest of this lot.”

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Aligor Thunderaxe Male Dwarf Fighter/Barbarian

At the mention of the woman wanting to leave town, Aligor just grunts.

Seems as though they don't really have a leader, or worse, they each think they are the leader. Oh well, I've had worse!

Aligor, tired, turns to Sunedilar. "If you need a 'quiet' place to rest, go talk to Boone. He should still have a few places left to tuck away in fer the night."

He walks out, with his new wealth dished out for his appearance. Thinking to himself.

Quickest pay I ever got!

At his place, he locks the door behind him, and Bane sleeps next to it, as an alarm in case someone nears. Heavy with sleep, he takes off his armour and falls into his deep sleep.

OOC - Assuming he was paid with one black pearl and the rest in gold...

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Lydia Shardweaver, female human cleric 3 of Wee Jas

*Lydia would like to catch Aligor before he goes home for the night.*

"Sir Dwarf, if I could prevail upon you for directions to the ruins, I would like to set out in that direction this very night," Lydia says as persuasively as she can.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
*Lydia would like to catch Aligor before he goes home for the night.*

"Sir Dwarf, if I could prevail upon you for directions to the ruins, I would like to set out in that direction this very night," Lydia says as persuasively as she can.
Aligor, somewhat daunted by this female, turns to her and just stares. "Keep yer damn skirt on woman! First sign a trouble and yer headin fer the hills? I didn't see you payin good money fer this map. I don't intend on tellin you where these ruins are lyin, and have you run there and git yer hands all full and run back off. No! If'n ya want to be headin that direction, then yer just gonna have to wait fer me to git some rest. After that, sure we'll head right fer the ruins if that's what ya want. But first, I gotta go talk wit Boone, and pick up somethin to help us on our way. So git some rest, and Sunedilar will find me easy enuff."

Walking away, Aligor goes to his place to rest. Bane is told to watch for him, (Defend) in case anyone tries something. He will rest until Sunny wakes him.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Pah! You think I would try to cheat a dwarf? Far from it. Their memories are long, and their axes are sharp. And when it comes to the authorities coming after me for the killing of a celestial, then yes, I would rather prefer to be out of their grasp. I have better things to do then figure out a way out of jail," Lydia says in a haughty tone.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Accalon Darcanda: Human/Male (Unholy Warrior)

Accalon quickly rests his hand on the Lydia’s shoulder, “If they waned to arrest us for the killing Ezuvial they would have. What ever the rest of them did you can’t be held accountable for. Far too many witness place you here. I think we are safe for the night.”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Yes, the witnesses place me here at the scene of a celestial's death. That is quite enough to raise their suspicions. Now, I shall be on my merry way, and will be back to speak to the master dwarf in the morning. If you please?" Lydia says, raising an eyebrow at Accalon to remove his hand. Taking her items (and Aeweth's share of the gold), Lydia will get her horse quietly, go outside of town, and find a secluded place to rest her head for the night.

Remove ads