• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Villains & Vigilantes Creators Sue Game's Publisher

rcade

Hero
The creators of the Villains & Vigilantes roleplaying game, Jeff Dee and Jack Herman, have filed a federal copyright lawsuit against Scott Bizar, the game's longtime publisher. They allege that Bizar has no right to publish the game or related products.

There's a long contentious history behind this game. Dee and Herman say that they were not informed that Bizar's corporation, Fantasy Games Unlimited, Inc., was dissolved by the state of New York in 1991 -- and this event caused all rights to revert to them.

I've published the details of the lawsuit, and a link to a PDF of the filing, on my blog today:

Villains & Vigilantes Creators Sue Game's Publisher | Workbench

Greg K

Legend
The creators of the Villains & Vigilantes roleplaying game, Jeff Dee and Jack Herman, have filed a federal copyright lawsuit against Scott Bizar, the game's longtime publisher. They allege that Bizar has no right to publish the game or related products.

I am surprised this did not happen sooner. It has been known for months that that this suit was going to be filed.

Remove ads