• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Villian creating one-shot

Sagan Darkside

First Post
Salutations,

I know I have read of others doing this, and now I am tempted.

Have you started a campeign by allowing the players to play powerful villians for one adventure, and then using those villians for the main npc bad guys in your campeign?

What was the one shot?

How did it work out for the length of the campeign?

With appreciation,
SD

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I've been strongly tempted to do this, seeing how it seems to have worked well for others (and I look forward to reading how those attempts worked out in this thread), but since two of my four players seem inclined to play villains anyway I have a hard time distinquishing sometimes. :rolleyes:

I may well try this next time there is need for a one- or two-session game.

Sagan Darkside

First Post
but since two of my four players seem inclined to play villains anyway I have a hard time distinquishing sometimes.

*chuckle* I have had groups like that- and one player now who is boderline.

My main interest in hearing from other people was along the line of how they set it up for the long term of their campeign.

Do you have them make villian pc's at mid levels so you (dm) can level them a bit more and keep them a mystery?

Do you give them an adventure which sets up their powerbase for the campeign world? I.E.- they are trying to aquire an artifact for some nefarious purpose. But does that undermine some surprise for the campeign itself?

SD

Remove ads