Virtual Happy Hour (Brews & Spirits, Pics & Reviews)

Zardnaar

Legend
Finished that 6 pack of Emerson's last night. Drunk it over a week 1/night. Very easy drinking so nice.

Local small supermarket very limited options no 6 packs of Krombacher.

But they did have the 660ml bottles for $2 usd approx. Not much in the way of craft beers there. Bought 4 of them.

IMG_20211023_111058.jpg

Orange Roughy tropical pale ale in a coke sized can for scale.
Long weekend labour day iirc.

Zardnaar

Legend
Italian beer glass. Birra Italian for beer apparently.
IMG_20211023_144058.jpg

New beer glass. I can buy around 7 of these Krombacher for the price of the beer glass.

Favorite cheap beer. It's sold at about the same price as our chew and spews beers buts it's a not bad German pilsner.

It's not great but better than Bud/Heineken/Corona/Baltika 7 priced at swill prices.

Zardnaar

Legend
Baltika 7 Smooth 4.7%

IMG_20211024_124411.jpg

Lower % than normal Baltika 7. Bit easier going down hence the smooth part.

Part of the appeal of Russian beers though is to see what happens first. Either your taste buds quit, you pass out or go blind (Baltika 9).

Perfectly generic and average Eurolager. If Heineken gets you going this beer is for you. Drinkable extra points for nice hot day.

Extra class though bottle vs can right?

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Gordgeous by NoDa brewery. Maybe a lesson in why a lot of beers focus on getting the pumpkin spice right instead of going for actual pumpkin? 88=Very Good (3.96/5) on Beer Advocate. Hard pass for me.

IMG_20211029_180718.jpgIMG_20211029_180657.jpg

Kickin' Knowledge Milkshake Pumpkin by Barrier Brewing Company. Brewed with Vanilla, Coconut, Pumpkin, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Coriander, All Spice & hopped with Mosaic, Motueka & Citra. 89=Very Good (4.17/5). I missed that it was an IPA on the can, tasted like pinesol smells with splashes of flavoring. I was hoping it was a Stout. No rating due to being outside my wheelhouse.
IMG_20211029_183446.jpgIMG_20211029_183433.jpg

Zardnaar

Legend
I've kind of gone off craft beer at least the more inventive ones.

They're trying to hard to be "interesting" when I just want a session beer or something to have with a meal.

Which normally means some sort of pale ale or a generic lager.

Not a fan of the Aussie/NZ darker macro lagers either. Some are marketed as ales as well so yeah.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I've kind of gone off craft beer at least the more inventive ones.

They're trying to hard to be "interesting" when I just want a session beer or something to have with a meal.

Which normally means some sort of pale ale or a generic lager.

Not a fan of the Aussie/NZ darker macro lagers either. Some are marketed as ales as well so yeah.
There's a lot to be said for a comfortable beer that one enjoys drinking :)

I typically buy singles of new things to try out once a week at happy hour, and then a six pack of a solid hefe, dunkel-weis, porter, or stout for while I'm RPGing (current one of those is the Franziskaner Weissbier.

Zardnaar

Legend
There's a lot to be said for a comfortable beer that one enjoys drinking :)

I typically buy singles of things to try out once a week at happy hour, and then a six pack of a solid hefe, dunkel-weis, porter, or stout for while I'm RPGing.

Also depends on what you're eating. Spicy Indian or Chinese dish that not bad generic macro lager gets kicked up a notch.

Or of it's a hot summer's day 100+ or 30+ Celsius.

Last edited:

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
UFO Journey to Planet Pumpkin! Seasonally spiced and brewed with real pumpkin puree. 3.58/5 on Untappd.

Whereas Gordgeous last Friday was heavy on the puree and not great on spice, this one seems to hit it ok. I wouldn't go out of my way for it, but it is drinkable.

IMG_20211031_152933.jpgIMG_20211031_152915.jpg

Remove ads