Virtual Happy Hour (Brews & Spirits, Pics & Reviews)

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
6 hours or so of a scout troop service project seems a good excuse for a beer on return home.

DuClaw's The PastryArchy Naked Fish - Chocolate Raspberry Stout. If you told someone to make a beer that tastes like a dark chocolate raspberry truffle, I'm not sure it would be possible to come any closer. I think it would be spectacular as one among several small glasses of dessert stouts in a flight (much like a box of mixed candies). A big can is a lot to have... but I certainly drank it all :)

80=Good, 3.81/5 on Beer Advocate. 7.6% ABV.

IMG_20211106_154300.jpgIMG_20211106_154243.jpg

Zardnaar

Legend
I did buy some ber this week though. Mr original got some APA's.

Can looked cool. Sucker for a pretty can that's how I got that crap Norwegian beer.

Zardnaar

Legend
The I need to clean the kitchen posts.

IMG_20211107_120538.jpg

Mac's interstate APA 5%.

Not as nice as recent APAs such as Good George or Emerson's but it's a Marco run and a lot cheaper ($13 NZD vs $20) a 6 pack. Faint hop taste slight bitter taste.

Wasn't expecting miracles 6/10 by APA standards but at that price I'll be generous and add a point 7/10.

Prime example of you get what you pay for. Perfectly drinkable. Prefer the local ones or Russian one at similar price but similar quality to Good George/Emerson's.

Reminds me of that Stokes APA/IPA.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
If the ABVs weren't all the same it would be a hoot if they were all actually the same IPA in different cans.

Yeah I suspect a couple of them are discontinued brews in a new can.

APAs and IPAs popular here. Stuff like you post have to go to the bigger supermarkets and pay through the nose for them.

Zardnaar

Legend
Tip ten over rated beers here. Three of them are IPAs. So many IPAs now. I don't mind the hazy ones but find APAs are smoother.

Had two more of those hazy mango/peach APAs tonight. $7 usd for both at bar prices for a pint each not to bad.

Zardnaar

Legend
Found an old favorite. Post Covid it's been hard to find.
IMG_20211114_111514.jpg

$3.50 NZD for a 440ml bottle. I've found better but they cost a lot more.

Gorkovskaya APA 5.5 ABV.

Not as fruity as an NZ Hazy APA but half the price. Better than our cheap APAs and better than a few of the hipster ones as well.

3.8 on BA.

Last edited:

Remove ads