Virtual Happy Hour (Brews & Spirits, Pics & Reviews)

Zardnaar

Legend
View attachment 140191View attachment 140192

A month behind posting. Today's was virtual happy hour due to other engagements - Guinness Nitro Cold Brew Coffee Stout. This one scared me because it had the most coffee smell I've ever experienced in a beer, but it was really good (and Guinness' are still the only Nitros I'm a fan of). Beer Advocate has it 4.05/5, 89 Very Good.

Some of those strong stouts have a coffee taste anyway.

Might grab some beers tonight see how I feel. Think I like 3 types.

1. Eurolagers. Basically clean crisp lager just a beer with a preference for pilsners.

2. APA. The lagers of the ale world. Hoppy taste but not usually as strong as an IPA.

3. Various Imperial Stouts and Porters/Stouts in general if I'm in the mood.

The over the top craft beers not so much.

Zardnaar

Legend
Didn't buy any beer this week except for this IPA.

IMG_20210711_125755.jpg

Went out for coffee turned into lunch. Venison andplumpie, chips, salad and an IPA for around $12 usd.

Zardnaar

Legend
Think it was similar to this one. Same company.

It was just an IPA perfectly drinkable/nice nothing amazing 7/10. Hops taste was subdued compared to most NZ IPAs (more hops, add more hops and still more hops).

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Sometimes it pays to look around random supermarkets and bottles stores.

IMG_20210713_193353.jpg

Gorkovskaya Brewery Chocolate Stout. 7% abv.

Smells like chocolate big surprise. Actually tastes a bit like it as far as these types of beers go.

Not very bitter either almost sweet.

Very good anyway and chocolate stouts not usually my go to but I like this brands APA/IPA.

Zardnaar

Legend
Beautiful weather
Yard hasn't dried out since May.

IMG_20210718_151210.jpg

Drinking some of Russia's finest Baltika 6&7. Wife's hooking into some lolly water a passion fruit and mango Seltzer.

Edit. 900ml can of Baltika 7 and the large bottle of 6 is 6 standard drinks and then some.

"Sweetie I only had 2 beers".

She failed on the can of apple crumble cider. Tastes like spiced cinnamon cider. Not a fan of cider generally but this one's all right.

Last edited:

Remove ads