Vision:

What effect has shadows or beeing lightly obscured?

It looks to me, that in most cases (other than roleplaying etc.) shadows has no negative impact on the character´s performance.

The only thing I notice is a rogue beeing able to hide in shadows not needing cover or darkness.

And I can´t stress how I like the rogue beeing able to see in darkness. It is something that always rubbed me the wrong way, that a rogue who is supposed to sneak around in shadows stumbling around and in 3rd edition´s case not even able to sneak attack...

PinkRose

Explorer
What if a rogue hides in Shadows, but Giant Centipedes are in the area with their Darkvision? Does the rogue hide, or not?

SatanasOz

Explorer
What if a rogue hides in Shadows, but Giant Centipedes are in the area with their Darkvision? Does the rogue hide, or not?

That one is easy: As a GM, my response would depend on: Weather or not the rogue is aware of the monsters ability. If not, I'd inform him after his first attempt, that it seams the thing has no problem spotting him (no cover and all assumed), in place of rolling to spot him. Else I'd just remind him that his character is aware that he can't hide from a Centipedes in darkness and needs to find other ways to compensate.

Remove ads