Volunteers to proofread the 500 page Act One hardcover (4e)?

I see you already plan to post it to the KS site. I recommend doing that, and having something like a Google document for making notes about errata et al. The Fate Core Kickstarter made that a standard practice, and it really helped get a bunch of eyes to the documents for proofreading. 'Course, they had a load of backers, so the volume of backers you have might make it so that course isn't worth while, but it seems to me like that wouldn't risk much.

Interesting idea. Technically I probably should not provide a link to anyone who didn't pledge for the book, though there are only a dozen or so people who did that.

I'm more likely to put out the public bat signal for the PF version, since the workflow that made the most sense for us was to do edits from the original 4e adventures to the 4e hardcover, and then integrate the PF conversion onto that. The other option was to take the original PF adventures and integrate all the extra material and revisions we added for the hardcover, but that would be more work for Eric in layout.

hirou

Explorer
The other option was to take the original PF adventures and integrate all the extra material and revisions we added for the hardcover, but that would be more work for Eric in layout.
I didn't know of Zeitgeist in time of Kickstarter happening, so I must wonder: would these revisions and extra material be incorporated in pdfs on RPGnow or perhaps the errata section of the main site? I've seen the changed stat-block for Reed McBannin somewhere in forums... I would fully understand if the new versions are reserved for KS backers in this case, at least for now

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, updating all the existing PDFs would be a *major* project - it would probably need a Kickstarter all of its own! I think our best solution is to have the compiled edition for sale. We *might* be able to arrange a coupon for existing subscribers to get a bit of a discount on the compiled PDF, but I can't promise that until I've looked into the actual logistics of doing that. We can't just give it free to existing subscribers, sadly, a that would *really* piss off all the Kickstarter backers who paid to have it made.

Updating the errata page is a good idea, too.

hirou

Explorer
I fully understand that KS backers deserve their rewards =) One thing that you still may consider updating is the campaign guide, specifically, the short descriptions of individual modules, which shows signs of some early drafts of this AP. I.e. Asrabey Varal is Katarina's son and McBannin tries to escape Flint via boat

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I fully understand that KS backers deserve their rewards =) One thing that you still may consider updating is the campaign guide, specifically, the short descriptions of individual modules, which shows signs of some early drafts of this AP. I.e. Asrabey Varal is Katarina's son and McBannin tries to escape Flint via boat

It already is! The Player's Guide is also updated.

Remove ads