• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vow Of Poverty?

pbd

First Post
VoP Barbarian

I know this seems like a monk based feat, but imagine a Barbarian with this feat.

You could wield a greatclub as your weapon (and only real posession) and at 20th level it would copunt as a +4 weapon and you would have a combined +8, +6, +4, +2 to add to your abilities. Think of the tank you might be if you added the +8 to Strength and the +6 to Con...

With all the AC bonusses and DR you could stand with any fighter

I just use this as an example to how how another class could benefit from this feat.

Plus it woul djust be a beastly character......

Tetsubo

First Post
pbd said:
I know this seems like a monk based feat, but imagine a Barbarian with this feat.

You could wield a greatclub as your weapon (and only real posession) and at 20th level it would copunt as a +4 weapon and you would have a combined +8, +6, +4, +2 to add to your abilities. Think of the tank you might be if you added the +8 to Strength and the +6 to Con...

With all the AC bonusses and DR you could stand with any fighter

I just use this as an example to how how another class could benefit from this feat.

Plus it woul djust be a beastly character......

That is a darn cool idea...

Brekki

First Post
In one of our weirder campaigns we had a stone giant with VoP, just a greatclub and some rocks for throwing :D ... he didn't seem any less nasty than the normal giants.

Last edited:

Nail

First Post
calypso15 said:
If I can come up with a character with this feat that is significantly more powerful than a character whose main difference is that he doesn't have this feat (which I can), then something is wrong.
Just three words: Bring. It. On.

;)

Rashak Mani

First Post
The VoP Barbarian might be interesting... but the ability increases won't help him as much as other classes that really need stat enhecments like Monk and Paladin for example.

Minosis

First Post

I am currently playing a VoP Monk and I agree that it is quite cool, but Ihave already turned down many magic items that would have helped. Also, the fact that I have to get my share of the treasure from the party and then give it away has affected everyone. Lastly, and this is the most important part, it has afforded great role-playing opportunities and I have even gotten my own party to make in game contributions. It is tremendously fun, and when you take away all of th minor convenience magic items such as Heward's and potions of CLW and the fact that most exalted feats are fairly weak, it is okay.

Buy the book it is nifty for serious role-players

Remove ads