Critical Role Vox Machina Honest Trailers!

J-H

Hero
Neat trailer, but man, it looks like that show is deep into R rated territory, so I'll be skipping watching it. I don't find crude humor funny.

R_J_K75

Legend
Damn. I dont have a tragic backstory
If you watch the show, you will then.

I watched all the episodes, but it couldn't hold my attention and was forgettable at best. I won't be watching any more of it. Seems like it was leaning too hard on being crude and humorous rather than a good story. For the record though I don't watch the live play CR so maybe if I did, I'd have "gotten it"?

I watched all the episodes, but it couldn't hold my attention and was forgettable at best. I won't be watching any more of it. Seems like it was leaning too hard on being crude and humorous rather than a good story. For the record though I don't watch the live play CR so maybe if I did, I'd have "gotten it"?
No. I don't watch them either. Cartoon show was good I thought.

FitzTheRuke

Legend

I've tried to watch CR, but I just can't get into it. Which doesn't surprise me, really, as I'd much rather play than watch someone else do it. I didn't like the crude humour of the cartoon at first, but I got used to it. I don't think it was a necessary part of it, but it is what it is. I liked the show quite a bit in the end.

R_J_K75

Legend
I've tried to watch CR, but I just can't get into it. Which doesn't surprise me, really, as I'd much rather play than watch someone else do it. I didn't like the crude humour of the cartoon at first, but I got used to it. I don't think it was a necessary part of it, but it is what it is. I liked the show quite a bit in the end.
I'm in the same boat as you and I'd rather play D&D than watch a live stream or a movie/ TV series. I think that in and of itself makes it hard to do an adaptation justice. It's not your traditional media adaptation (book, short story, etc) so capturing the actually feeling of game play is lost at least to me.

Remove ads